Diamondback 3G - Gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SimD, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SimD macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I've had prior experience with the Diamondback and it worked wonders (if you exclude the lack of drivers for the thumb buttons). Now I'm in the market for the Diamondback 3G, and was wondering if you guys have found any problems with it. I've heard many ppl complain about the Copperhead and the need to get a 3rd-party app to run it.

Thanks
    Sim

2. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

They have Mac drivers for Diamondback thumb buttons. Just download the OS X drivers for the Razer Pro|Click v1.6 mouse; they should allow you to map all of the buttons on a Diamondback (the Pro|Click actually is a Diamondback, and I've heard that the drivers work with both Copperheads and Diamondbacks in OS X).

3. basse macrumors member

What actually is the real difference between Diamondback 3G and Pro Click? Is it just a matter of color in the end? Would use it for both gaming and graphics.

//basse

4. imassents macrumors 6502

Pro|Click is a 1600 dpi Diamondback mouse (Pro|Click has the same USB device IDs as a Diamondback). The 3G versions as far as I'm aware are 1800dpi.

5. basse macrumors member

I went out and bought the Diamondback 3G today, but having a small problem as somehow my MBP won't let Razer's System Preferences Pane configure the mouse. No matter what I change in Razer's settings it has no effect on it. Installer reported no errors while running and the book rebooted normally and the mouse's basic functionality is fine.

Any ideas what's going not as planned?

//b

6. Causality macrumors newbie

Causality

I would suggest trying Steer Mouse. I have found it a lot more useful than Razer's Pro|Click driver.

7. dandelion- macrumors newbie

8. Causality macrumors newbie

Causality

I actually bought one of those little bluetooth Razer ProClicks about a month ago and I love it. It works great!