Diary App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by pies80, Jan 11, 2014.

1. pies80 macrumors newbie

I looking for a diary style entry app where i can physically write in the notes and appointments etc.. does anyone know of any such app?:apple:

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

3. mjt57 macrumors regular

mjt57

I use Day One too, but I think that the OP wants a diary where he can hand write his entries, if I read his post right...

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You are referring to an app that can use a stylus pen? And usually appointments are not found in a diary, that sounds like a different application all together.

5. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I use Day One as a general Diary type app.

As far as other notes go, Evernote is my choice and I have been playing with Outline since it is very "One Note" like.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

For just plain note taking, Evernote is my favorite app for doing that, however I too am looking and have been using Outline also.

I like evernote a lot though!!!!

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

For writing with a stylus, Notes Plus is a good app with some diary like templates that you can use. Notability is another option but has no diary templates.

8. robgendreau macrumors 68030

The problem is handwriting; not as many apps do that, and most are for note taking.

One suggestion is Note Taker HD. It's one of the best note taking apps, and designed for handwriting. The cool thing is that it can shrink the handwriting down to fit, and you can include pictures or text as well. It can allow a PDF template, so it's like handwriting on a form. I didn't see a diary template, but they have day-week-month planners, storyboard, etc. You could probably make one. And you'd have to work out a scheme for dating them, but perhaps its tags function would work for that.

Another good choice is Penultimate, which is part of Evernote. I don't think it's as good as Note Taker HD for pure handwriting, but where it excels is in its integration with Evernote. And once the stuff is in Evernote it does OCR/handwriting recognition, and it's amazingly good. So your notes become searchable (and of course Evernote syncs with everything that has an operating system). It also does backgrounds, and has some templates for sale. And you'd have to set up some kind of a notebook with a dating scheme if you're using it as a diary, perhaps with tags. And once in Evernote you can add reminders, which is something you want.