Diary apps for Mac and iDevices

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjt57, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mjt57 macrumors regular

mjt57

I'm currently using Day One for the Mac and also the iOS versions on my iPad and iPhone.

It's OK as a diary app but has its quirks, foibles and limitations.

Just wondering what others out there are using, and why?

Finally, what is it with diary app developers who continue to insist on sorting displays, entries and so on back to front or in reverse chronological order.

For example, when viewing entries in Day one on iOS, the first entry for the day is at the bottom of the list, the latest at the top. But "tap for new entry" is UNDER the oldest one.

Also, in the MacOS version it displays its Year Calendar arse about - October at centre of screen, September below it, November above it. Thankfully, though, when you click on a day, it shows the entries, first at the top, last at the bottom and left click to go back a day, right click to go forward. Most other diary apps do this back to front, as if they're developers from countries which don't read left to right, top to bottom like English/Euro languages do.

2. onekerato macrumors regular

If you're an Evernote fan, try out vJournal (Mac & iOS). It keeps a journal in your Evernote account, creating a new note for every day and appending your entries to that note. I use it for logging interesting stuff I do, and when I search/review it later in Evernote, it comes up with useful related notes.