diary/journal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BigSaintDogs, Aug 27, 2011.

1. BigSaintDogs macrumors member

I am looking for a diary/journal program and was looking for input. I want general entries with the addition of fishing info for days I have been out, Salt and fresh water. I was looking in the App Store and flagged;
    Memoir
    Day One
    Chronories

Any experiences good and bad with these or any other suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Lyle

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I've been using Macjournal for a while now and like it a lot.

3. nastebu macrumors 6502

I second the Macjournal recommendation.

You can use it to keep daily entries, but there's a lot more to it. I use it as a journalling application, but also to keep notes files organized on various things, like notes on articles I've read, essays and essay proposals I've submitted, etc. You can even hook it up to a blog site and do your blogging in it, if that's your thing.

4. vocalcity macrumors newbie

I'm a huge fan of Day One. Since installing it, I've written an entry every day for over two months, something I've struggled with using other apps.

The interface is simple and well designed. I like an app that's simple, yet beautiful and Day one embodies this.

The combination of Mac App and iOS app with Dropbox works really well, I use the iOS app to write an entry when away from the computer, Mac app if not.

If you're looking for a well designed app with fewer features rather than more, give Day One a try.

5. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Another vote for Day One. I tried a few others but Day One is perfect for me. I have it on my Mac, iPhone and iPad and I always have one of the three devices with me. If I want to make an entry I just go an do it and all three sync up nicely.

I have been using Day One for several months now.