Dict app - Wiki doesn't work!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jon08, Jul 14, 2010.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

I started experiencing this problem even before upgrading to 10.6.4 - it's just that whatever I look up in Dict, the Wiki extension won't load its "definition." The arrow is pointed downwards, yet it won't display anything. Any ideas how to fix it???:confused:

Here's how it looks like:

Ok, here's the weird thing: once I move Wiki up front (I currently had it in the last spot on my dict list), it will work.... But it will only work if I move it to the very front of the list (next to "All") in the dict bar!! And even then it won't display everything, but only like 1 page - it won't let you scroll down like you could on the actual Wikipedia site. Why? What's the point here really?

Attached Files:

2. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I have the same problem as well. I can't scroll down a wikipedia article on the dictionary app. I also found that the Wikipedia website is often really slow at loading pages. I think it has to do with their new website format, and I'm thinking it must have affected the integration with the Dictionary app.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

The scrolling problem has been addressed here before. Use search to find the thread.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios