Dictation app

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
i have a lot of ebooks on my ipad and iphone and mac.

I was wondering, if there is an app which can dictate and read out from the ebook? I'm more interested in the ipad and iphone app.

thanks,

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As far as reading something from the screen, I believe iOS has that capability built in: Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech (and there you can use Speak Selection and/or Speak Screen along with other options).

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
As far as reading something from the screen, I believe iOS has that capability built in: Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech (and there you can use Speak Selection and/or Speak Screen along with other options).
It certainly does. No need for a dictation app. I can't vouche for the dictation accuracy in iOS 8 but in iOS 5 the built in dictation is nearly 95% spot on.

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
The stock dictation works great for me iOS 8.1.2 just enable it and then you highlight the parts you want read out loud and then select speak... I have never had an issue with this

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The stock dictation works great for me iOS 8.1.2 just enable it and then you highlight the parts you want read out loud and then select speak... I have never had an issue with this
It looks like you can even set it up to read everything on the screen too if you wanted to.