Dictation problem in Mavericks.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by lesliewj, Aug 10, 2013.

1. lesliewj macrumors newbie

When I use the dictation functions, there is a problem, if I pronounce the word “product”,it always will be showed "protect" or "productive", have you guys ever met the problem?

2. ATC macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna guess that there's a possibility that your accent may be causing the issue. In my case those two words are being recognized correctly and consistently, the words being "product" and "protect". By the way this was typed in part using dictation in Mavericks. Having said that, on occasion it does mistake my words for the wrong ones. Dictation is definitely not 100% foolproof.

3. kftrainer macrumors regular

kftrainer

Is anyone having issues with enhanced dictation not working ?

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

It hasn't been working since a few previews back. If I recall right it broke in DP3 but it might have been DP2.

Normal dictation works fine though.

5. ATC macrumors 6502a

Can't comment as I've only used normal dictation so far. I will be testing enhanced dictation soon but by the sounds of it it's not working anyhow.

6. Kuwait macrumors member

Kuwait

7. lesliewj thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply!

thanks for your reply! But I tried it again, it's so weird that the same issue didn't happen to me again. I think that maybe it's not stable, especially under the poor networking condition. Do you think that the network condition will cause this issue? thank in advance!

8. ATC macrumors 6502a

I can't see how a network issue would cause only specific words to consistently be mis-captured. I honestly can't think of why this word in particular is the issue when on my end it works fine (most of the time).

9. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Still broken as of DP5 for me.

10. emt1 macrumors 65816

11. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Not working in DP6. Get a never-ending, gray spinning wheel. Cancel button only. I'm guessing this fix is still at the bottom of the list for now.

12. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

Does Dictation in OS X learn when a user right-clicks a word and "corrects" it? If I'm not mistaken, the spell checker in iOS will learn if you cancel a suggested auto-correct.