Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i was just curious whether or not anyone knew of a program that would allow you speak into the mic and it would automatically type whatever you said?

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
I've spent a ton of money on various solutions to this and have concluded the best answer is iDictate.org - you get a toll free number and live transcriptionists who can turn around your work in under two hours (if you pay a rush fee) and no more than 24 hours with the standard fee.

The human element is extremely forgiving. If you make a mistake, you can simply say, "Er, scratch that and start with . . . " I tried that with the voice recog softwares and it NEVER worked.

I use them for short jobs, like transcribing a letter I dictate while taxiing into an airport, and for longer jobs such as the notes from an entire two-day brainstorming clinic. Clients have been very impressed with the speed of my turn-around time.

They can take MP3s of speeches I give and transcribe them into hard notes, which I then edit into book chapters. Incredible service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.