Dictation, weather, etc. seems slower and not as accurate

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 2, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

After I initially upgraded to 2.0 everything seemed snappier and dictation seemed really good.

After I got the 6s and restored my watch from backup, dictation and Siri seem slower, less reliable and less accurate. I also noticed that the location glance seems to have to update more often. Finally, I've noticed the weather complication is not always updated and may show no results before it quickly displays the temperature.

Related to weather I also noticed that the weather app has said it couldn't get data. And then after a second it refreshed all weather locations. I never noticed this before I restored and paired to my 6s.

Anyone else having these issues? Any suggestions? Do you think it just might require an update?

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

From my own experience, and general thought process, here is what i've concluded. Albeit probably wrong, if you had an app previously on the 6 or 6plus that was capable of also having a watch app, then, did a restore from that backup to a phone that DOES have a watch, you get some unhappy results. Music, syncing, random page issues appeared on mine, nothing I did worked! i noticed that dictation was sluggish, and siri just straight up ignored me half the time.

3. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

OP - identical situation here. It's painfully slow to reply to a to a text via dictation. Started since I paired with my new 6S+.

4. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear it. But in truth I'm glad I'm not alone and it gives me hope that a patch will come out. Anyone else with this situation?

5. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I've noticed all of the things listed above. Also Maps crashed on my watch today during navigation which has never happened before.

6. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

I haven't upgraded my iPhone and I'm experiencing these issues. Since WOS2 I've ditched the weather glance as its more often than not blank, dictation within Omnifocus and replying to text messages is very slow if it responds at all. Even setting a timer takes longer :-(

7. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dang. Perhaps a 2.0.1 is coming that will make us all happy.