Dictation

chrisiw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Isle of Wight UK
Hi guys
I hope that the new iPad has dictation built in to the email, I have an Android mobile and have to say the email is fantastic with the dictation, and it's very accurate.;)

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey that's great.
Siri can do this so lets see if it is added to iPad 3.

chrisiw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Isle of Wight UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey that's great.
Siri can do this so lets see if it is added to iPad 3.
Thanks for that.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
So did the dictation software demo impress anyone?
Actually yes!
Since it is the same as siri it will work great as it does on the iPhone.
I still wish they would have put the whole siri in the iPad as I use here very often, and with iCloud it should have been a no brainer since it syncs across all devices.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Hi guys
I hope that the new iPad has dictation built in to the email, I have an Android mobile and have to say the email is fantastic with the dictation, and it's very accurate.;)
The voice dictation feature is built into the virtual keyboard, therefore you can use it to send emails/messages faster. Watch the video (skip to 0:33 for voice dictation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bw4ehq3rIY

Nightprowler

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
I saw it on the keynote, but it looked pre- recorded/scripted to me. Maybe I'm wrong in that, but would have been nice to see a live demo to see how good it really is.

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Hi guys
ugh android voice dictation SUCKS compared to apples, i've compared voice dictation between my galaxy nexus and my gf's 4s, the 4s is scary accurate, while the android struggles between multiple choices

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
Apple really needs to make Siri/Voice Dictation a little less dependent on their Siri server. I'm hoping that they finally built the voice recognition engine into iOS now.

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Apple really needs to make Siri/Voice Dictation a little less dependent on their Siri server. I'm hoping that they finally built the voice recognition engine into iOS now.
nope still requires internet connection

which is what i think makes apple's dictation software so great, its constantly improving itself everyday