dictation?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
no one talking about it?

I think it works well, nice having it on the keyboard - did not miss a word in a 100 word paragraph I just did...SIRI based?

BigButa

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
This was a primary reason for me getting the new iPad. Glad to hear it is working so well!

Can't wait for mine to get here....

Bryanw3535

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
I wasn't expecting this to be my second-favorite new feature (after the screen, naturally), but it is.

It's flawless, even with most proper names.

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
I actually just used dictation to write (dictate) a review for an app. It worked flawlessly. :D

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I'm going to try to use this to take "notes" in class, and by that I mean write down that my professor is saying. He speaks fairly loudly. Not sure how well it will work. I won't be disappointed if it doesn't, but it'll be cool if it does.

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
I'm going to try to use this to take "notes" in class, and by that I mean write down that my professor is saying. He speaks fairly loudly. Not sure how well it will work. I won't be disappointed if it doesn't, but it'll be cool if it does.
Haha, let us know if it does work. I highly doubt it will work flawlessly, if at all.

Is it activated by default? I don't see the key on my keyboard
You should see it to the left of the space bar. It's a microphone symbol.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Same setup as the Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 that I had with it being implemented on the keyboard. Can't wait to purchase one of these things (hoping the company will buy it) because it's a nice feature too bad it works horribly on the iPhone 4S for me.

BigButa

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Just get him to pin a wireless mic on his lapel, the receiver for which you plug into your iPad ;).

Then, if you can get him to push the record button for you before he begins his lecture, you can skip every lecture.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I have to say, the dictation works amazing on this thing. Been using it all day to send iMessages and emails.