Dictation

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ajforbes20, Mar 25, 2016.

1. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20

Haven't updated APPLE TV yet, but I'm wondering from anyone who has if the dictation is working well? Been really wanting this.

2. Mormith macrumors newbie

Mormith

I did some experimenting in the YouTube app and the Siri dictation worked fairly well, faster than I expected. But I was in a silent room and knew what I wanted to say for a search before hand. Haven't tried any other apps but I expect they would be the same. Hopefully it'll work well for you. BTW, I also hooked up a generic Bluetooth keyboard and that worked well too.

3. Mac... nificent, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

It did not work so well when I tried it this morning. I'm sure they will be improving it along the way though. Inputting my password worked fine, but when I tried to input my IP address it was almost comical.

When I tried to input 192.168 as I would say each character it would type out the numbers fine, but then as I would say "point" it would type out 192point. So I tried saying "dot" instead and it printed 192pointdot. Then I tried to go back a back space and it printed 192pointdotbackspace. I then tried using the word 'delete' and it printed 192pointdotbackspacedelete :D

In the end I typed it in manually...

4. benjitek, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Working remarkably well for me -- I didn't realize it would work so well with passwords, getting all the capital, lowercase stuff as well as special characters. Just as accurate with words when in a text field. Great update :)