Dictionary Glitch anyone? -Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MKCLLNS, Aug 29, 2009.

1. MKCLLNS macrumors member

When i highlight a word in safari to search in dictionary - it worked fine first time.

But after that, when you do it again, it will show the word you highlighted and the previous word you searched in a window behind.

Anyone else got the same problem?

2. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

I was JUST away to post the exact same issue in another thread, just waiting for my video to finish uploading to my MobileMe gallery. http://gallery.me.com/paul.beattie/100140

What I was going to say
    "I have a strange problem with the dictionary app in Snow Leopard. If I right click on a word and then in the context menu select lookup in Dictionary it launches the dictionary application. When it launches however it will launch all of the previous lookups I have done, even if I have quit the application. "

3. MKCLLNS thread starter macrumors member

great minds think a like - even though mind has a poor vocabulary (which is why i use the dictionary- at least i'm improving it)

Although while I try to improve it - I don't want this as a annoyance!!! :cool:

4. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

Really we should be in bed sleeping rather than trying to improve our respective vocabularies :p.

It's not just restricted to Safari however, in Pages when I tried to replicate it wouldn't lookup the word, in preview it had the same behaviour as Safari. Also uploaded to YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_WPDX5BSI

5. MKCLLNS thread starter macrumors member

I just gave you 5 stars for the cause.

Hopefully this should be easily fixed in 10.6.1

I can see how this could have been overlooked by developers though.

6. pyth macrumors member

Same thing has happened to me. I'm sure that it's just a minor glitch, but really, it's just kind of annoying.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It happened to me one time. Haven't been able to replicate the issue.

8. Exmoorman macrumors newbie

Dictionary

Snow leopard is driving me nuts ... anyone know where the 2.02 Dictionary is Located

Thanks
    PS Safe Boots are needed often

JD

9. Exmoorman macrumors newbie

Dictionary

Lordy Lordy now its vanished and only the prior Dictionary seems to be around

Whats the trick please