Dictionary Widget Corrupted

Flux Harmonic

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Canada
Somehow, my dictionary widget has become corrupted. The "Dictionary" and "Thesaurus" text look different...bigger, with an arial type font that just doesn't fit, and the 's' is missing from "thesaurus". Does anyone know how I can restore this to the proper appearance, or where on the Tiger DVD I can find the widget to copy it over?

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Teach a Man to Fish

Whelp - I can't help on the "what happened" part, but to find your Widgets folder, take advantage of your new toy - Spotlight.

You'll find the widgets in MacHD/Library/Widgets.

:)

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Oops

Oh, shoot - sorry, Bud! That's what I get for trying to watch TV and read posts at the same time.

(Begs forgiveness.)

dirklenz

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2005
Flux,

you have deactivated or deleted the Baskerville font. Make sure it is installed and active.

Best regards

Dirk

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Flux Harmonic said:
Somehow, my dictionary widget has become corrupted. The "Dictionary" and "Thesaurus" text look different...bigger, with an arial type font that just doesn't fit, and the 's' is missing from "thesaurus". Does anyone know how I can restore this to the proper appearance, or where on the Tiger DVD I can find the widget to copy it over?
I had this exact problem off and on for a while. I don't know what the problem is but it seems like it has corrected itself because I haven't had the problem in a while.