did 2.0.2 fix contact Group syncing with MobileMe?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jwflutterby, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I was having the 3rd party app/iPod issue discussed elsewhere so I ended up restoring my iPhone last night and in the process, it updated me to 2.0.2... I was having trouble before where the contact Groups I created in MobileMe would not sync down to the iPhone.. All the contacts were there but they would just not group... I ended up getting ABGroup from the App Store in order to use the Groups on the iPhone...

After the restore, some of my MobileMe syncing didn't seem to be working quite right so I deleted my MobileMe account and re-added it... To my surprise, later on when I went into my contacts (which had been empty before I removed/readded MobileMe account) all my Groups were there and they actually had contacts in them... I moved a couple around between different groups on the MobileMe web interface and synced again and sure enough the changes came down! I'm not sure if all the fighting I did to get my iPod/3rd party apps working did something or if it was the update but maybe other people that were having trouble with MobileMe contact Groups can try the update and see if it fixes them too...

2. francism macrumors newbie

francism

The latest upgrade to the iPhone software does NOT appear to have fixed then problem with Contact Groups - I created a Contact Group on MobileMe and then added some contacts to it. An empty Contact Group was added to my iPhone.