Did 4.2 fix this issue...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OnNightfall, Nov 22, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Did it fix the issue with Pioneer head units or car head units that it used to skip a lot if connected via the dock connect?

2. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Dude, you made my day! I hope they did because this was the most disappointing part of 4.1. I'm waiting for the jailbreak but between this and find my iphone I'm very exited about 4.2. Thanks again man!

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Any mention of further proximity sensor fixes?

4. BassJunkieDan macrumors newbie

The most annoying thing with the bug is that sometimes it wouldn't happen at all then others it would drop out/skip everything 30 secs - if the update doesn't fix it my phone will be going in the bin!

5. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

my proximity sensor issues seem to have disappeared after this update. I had plenty of issues with enabling Face Time and muting the conversation. Haven't been able to reproduce after this update.

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

bah

Have always been able to get my iPhones to work on my Kenwood KVT-512 receiver...updated this morning to 4.2, plugged it in on my way out to lunch and nothing.

I can see all of the playlists and songs on the screen, but doesn't seem to want to play....:confused:

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

iOS 4.1 fixed my issues completely. But from what I"ve read, it might have something to do with how you're connecting the iPHone to your car stereo.

My stereo is the default factory model from GM. It has a USB connection. I always press play on the iPhone and then connect it to the stereo. The strereo see's the usb connection and then starts playing everything fine. No skipping.

Give that a try.

8. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

OMG BassJunkieDan, it didn't fix it? Dude, are you serious, I spent over $400 to get a new head unit just so I could listen to music in my car and before 4.1 it worked perfectly, and now it's almost useless. :mad::mad::mad: Please let me know if anything changes or if you found out something new. Also what head unit do you have?

9. gouda272 macrumors regular

did you check to make sure there were no firmware updates to your headunit ? which one do you have i have a F90BT and mine works fine via the ipod cable it comes with.

10. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

11. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

12. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Well yea, it works with the head phone jack. The problem is with the usb to dock connect it skips. Problem is the usb to dock connect is better because 1. it charges your device, and 2. I can control it through the head unit. So basically I either listen to music, or charge my device, I can't do both, and when I'm listening to music I can't control it on my head unit. This really sucks man. I haven't gone to 4.2.1 but it does not seem likely that I will have any better results than with 4.1 that I have now.

13. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

14. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

I've actually had this problem when just plugging my phone into the radio via head phone jack....weird....Pink Floyd's Have a Cigar came on and started skipping, I was like wtf? Started the song from the beginning and no problem, so I knew it wasn't the audio file. Took it back to Apple later that day for a replacement. The guy at the Genuis bar never heard of this happening.

15. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, so you had a bigger issue cause through my head phone jack it works perfect.

16. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Yeah, never had that happen before. It was my 3rd replacement and def a refurb and not just by the 5K serial number, but also with someone else's email in the app store log in.