Did a network settings reset and now have battery drain

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Dec 24, 2014.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Why would a simple thing like resetting my network settings cause my battery to drain faster? Usually this trick is used to help fix battery drain issues! My battery life was brilliant before I reset my network settings, has anyone any idea what might have happened?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Has it noticeably gotten worse over at least about 3 cycles?

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

One of the functions of a network reset is to update the list of cellular towers.

do you have a weaker signal now than before? weaker signal makes for battery drain.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think cell connections (aside from roaming basically) work off a list as much as simply based on whatever compatible carrier signal they can find and connect to.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

resetting network settings is the same as dialing *226. It updates the tower list from my understanding. It's possible a tower that was closer to his location was not on the iPhone's grid until he updated and now he's connecting to that one.

6. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

On Verizon that's was *228 (PRL Update) but it is no longer needed for LTE devices. All that does is updates the roaming agreement towers list for other carriers that the home system has roaming agreements with. Does nothing to the home system carriers towers. With that said, I have no idea how resetting network settings would cause battery drain. I would suspect it is coincidental.