Did a restore, lost my visual voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ks-man, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I did a restore of my iphone due to very poor reception and tons of dropped calls (which is a separate issue).

Now I've seemed to have lost the visual voicemail feature. When I go to phone and choose voicemail it calls the voicemail system. I also can't see when I have a message. Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on?

Thanks.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is a carrier problem. Contact your carrier about your missing VV.

TEG

3. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

I think I had this happen to me, try calling your phone number and going through the voicemail setup there. And go through the setup again? If not call you SP and have them reset it, and try again.

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

That's happened to me a few times.

Usually a reset does it. Sometimes later on in the day it randomly comes back.

Just keep checking it. It will be back soon.

5. diddy macrumors 6502

Easy fix if you're on AT&T.

Log in to your account on the AT&T site. In the Support section is an option to reset your voicemail password. The system will immediately send a SMS to your phone confirming the reset. Then go to Visual Voicemail, set up a new password, and you're good to go. :D

I don't know why it works but it does.

6. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

I reset my voicemail password but still no go. AT&T told me to do the same thing. I'll give it a few hours and see if it comes back. Otherwise I guess I'll take it in tomorrow.

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the iphone. My reception has gone from bad to atrocious. My calls fail all the time with this phone even though I'm in one of AT&Ts best reception area. I think it is an Apple problem, but at the moment I just don't know.