Did a search but failed.. battery question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Globug, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

what app/tweak shows exactly which app uses the most battery?

I used appinfolite and that was fine, but ever since i jb my phone a few weeks ago the battery has been draining like crazy. I'm curious which feature might be making it do so.

Thanks.

2. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Battery Detective works great

3. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

is there a free alternative? or a trial version?

4. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

cough up the cash nothing else in it's league!

6. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

I'm probably (almost certainly) going to cough up the cash. I just wanted to try it out first.

Does it work on 4s? the description has some conflicting text. Just wanted to make sure. Also, Does it show you EXACTLY which apps drain battery? The whole point is to find and uninstall exactly what is massively draining my battery. Such a huge battery drain after jailbreaking vs stock :(

Did anyone else experience a huge battery drain vs stock?

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I used to think that too after a fresh jailbreak, but for me it turned out being a combination of the slightly increased battery drain from Cydia tweaks and a ton of increased use by me. Combining those two elements gave me a perceived battery drain issue. But once my usage got back to more normal levels, the battery felt exactly the same as stock minus the tiny bit of additional battery drain from Cydia tweaks.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I agree also the best way to check is uninstall suspect apps such as apps that work in the background even pandora or Spotify will drain the battery faster because they are running or playing in the background. Graphic intense teaks or apps. there are tons of threads here that list suspect apps and tweaks. Also you can always go back to stock for a week and compare but keep in mind your usage on both jb and non.

9. Globug, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

i didn't install many tweaks or apps from cydia and it was a MASSIVE drain. I don't even use my phone much.

I installed appsync 5+, 5 dock icon, openssh, bigboss iconset, installus, bitesms, activator, coloredknob, winterboard (big bang theory sms sounds), PDAnet, sbsettings and thats all.

Could it be any of these?

EDIT: i'm almost certain it was openssh. I deleted it last night, charged my phone overnight and now my battery is still at 100% where as before it would have been in the mid to low 90's. Still too early to tell but i'm almost positive its that.