iPad Did Air 2 Get In-Cell Digitizer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by perezr10, Oct 25, 2014.

1. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I remember what a huge difference the in-cell digitizer made when the iPhone 5 came out. Did the Air 2 get similar treatment? Here is Anandtech going on about how what it is...

http://anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review/15

That year I got an iPhone 5 and an iPad 4 and I remember how much better my iPhone screen seemed than my iPad. I was crushed when the iPad Air received the same screen as the 4. I was ready to upgrade last year just for the lower reflective screen. I think it's a bigger deal than touchID.

2. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

The display is right up against the surface, yes. I didn't dislike last year's screen but this is miles better.

3. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Yep, the display is every bit as amazing as the ones on the iPhone now. The huge size of the screen makes it even more impressive.

4. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome!!! I have gotta get to a store to check this baby out. Apple REALLY outdid themselves this year.

5. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've read a couple of Tech Blogs stating that the iPhone made the big display leap with the iPhone 4 but I think that is in error and it really wasn't until the iPhone 5 combined the Digitizer and LCD.

To me, this is something you will appreciate every time you use the device and I'm surprised it took Apple this long to upgrade the iPad.