Did any one get new iPad screen same as iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tanboom, Apr 7, 2012.

1. tanboom macrumors member

Please post your comparison photo/video if you got new iPad screen is (not yellowish) same as iPad 2 or close by. Thank you!

2. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

3. tanboom thread starter macrumors member

Yes, because many people claimed that they got perfect new iPad which has same screen as iPad 2 in terms of whiteness. I am excited to see because I didn't find any new iPad has same screen as iPad 2- it's always yellowish. :p

4. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

What? I'm confused... I have had 2 iPad 3's (broke the first one and replaced it) and both are MUCH whiter than my iPad 2. Are people having issues with the 3 being yellower than the 2?

5. tanboom thread starter macrumors member

Yes, all the iPad 3s I have seen are yellower than 2. Could you please post photo with2 & 3 side by side? Appreciate this!:D

6. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

Sorry, just seeing this post. My fiancé has the 2, so I'll do it when I see her tonight!

7. tanboom thread starter macrumors member

Great, eagerly waiting - thanks a lot!

8. scupking macrumors 6502a

My iPad 3 seems to have a nice white screen. I will have to compare mine next to my mothers iPad 2 next time I go visit my parents.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Well the guy I sold my ipad 2 got a new ipad with the screen the same as an ipad 2.:apple:

10. tanboom thread starter macrumors member

Please take some pics of comparing and post here if you don't mind, thanks!

----------

I heard about this - still no luck to see the pics / reality :cool:

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

i posted my side by side pics here on day one

12. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Black is iPad 2, White iPad 3.

When I first compared, I thought my screen was for sure "yellow-ish". But I've come to see that it's really not that bad. It is on the warm side, but the iPad 2 is also very cool. I did a few different test with bright and dark movies & photographs and the iPad 3 is definitely more accurate with flesh tones and colors. The ipad 2 however, is more accurate with bright whites. All in all, the ipad3 has a more accurate, better picture. But the Whites are definitely more accurate on the iPad 2. No doubt.

Attached Files:

13. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

Sorry I took so long to get back... I still haven't compared my 3 to my 2, but I think I might have been mistaken now that I'm looking at my 3 versus my iPhone 4. I can definitely see the yellow in it now... which kind of pisses me off cause I thought it was super great before!