Did anyone change their configuration and not go to the bottom of the queue? Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by stormchaser977, Feb 15, 2014.

1. stormchaser977 macrumors newbie

I am trying to change my order of my mac pro from a 6 core BTO to an 8 core BTO and mine is supposed to be here this month…..I spoke with a supervisor at Apple who told me that if I can find another person who changed their order and wasn't bumped to the bottom of the queue, that he would look into it and try to do the same for me. I read about a couple of people on here that did that, but I don't remember who. Please, if you changed your order configuration with Apple without having to cancel the whole order, please let me know! I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much!

2. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I don't see one.

3. thomasfalke macrumors member

I changed my order and had to go to the back of the cue. If you have doubts about your order, cancel it, order the one you like and be patient.

4. Switchfoot macrumors member

Not a hardware change, but I switched my credit card info after a couple of failed attempts by Apple to authorize the payment. Called in and gave the new card number, charge went through and the guy on the phone confirmed I hadn't moved in the line. Order page still says February/processing.

Like I said, not hardware though.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

does this apply if your changing to "ship to store" vs shipping to an address?

6. stormchaser977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone actually change the hardware configuration and not get bumped? I know I read about one or maybe 2 people that did this, and did not get bumped to the back of the queue. It was a long time ago and I wish I could remember who.