Did Anyone Else Change Their Preorder?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Syke23z, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Syke23z, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

Syke23z macrumors member

Syke23z

After your try in appointment did you change your mind? I certainly did! I had origin order at Apple Watch Sport Space Grey 42, however really liked the SS 42 Milanese Loop. Bummer that I have to wait till June, from a preorder that would arrive in May. Neglecting the price and after the try on, imo the SS is the move based on quality, feel, and versatility. Don't get me wrong the Sport is pretty cool, but can be limited on bands. List below your original expectations, and what changed your opinion.

2. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

Yeah I was a tiny bit iffy on my SS Milanese Loop but after seeing it in person I know I made the right choice.
    The Space Grey looked okay, but the SS watches looked great with that shine on them.

3. Syke23z thread starter macrumors member

Syke23z

I would have to agree! Surprisingly this will probably emerge as one of the more popular options, at least based on the forum's views.

4. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

I haven't changed my order yet, but I'm thinking about going from the standard stainless watch/band to the space black. To me, the Apple Watch just looks better in darker colors. But I do like a shiny dress watch. Decisions, decisions.

I was surprised at how much I liked the Space Gray Apple Watch Sport. Going to be a fantastic workout watch. Very light and comfortable.

5. durangojim macrumors member

I ordered both the Space Grey sport and the SS with sport band. After seeing both in person I cancelled the SS. The SS didn't do much for me because I've already got a number of really nice SS watches and it couldn't compare, but the SG was unique.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

I originally ordered both the 38mm and 42mm thinking I would keep the 38mm, and felt that i really could pull off and be comfortable more with the 42mm. So I decided to keep that one instead.

7. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Thank you:) hopefully your cancelled one will bump me to earlier arrival:D

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Yep! I tried on the Space Gray Sports watch, after pre ordering it when it went "live". I was impressed. It's a great choice for workouts and other physical activities. It's light weight. The band feels good, secure and sturdy yet comfortable. I also like the way it looks. This was the absolute best choice for me. I'm so glad I didn't have to change my order (cancel and order something different) after today's "try on".

----------

Oooh, I hope a lot of people did this if it means that it creates more early delivery slots for others in the late delivery time windows. :D

9. Applelover65 macrumors newbie

Which did you order in the 38mm?

10. JKNorth macrumors member

Ordered a Space Grey Sport at 3:08am with a 4-6 week delivery.

After the try-on switched to a SS Classic Buckle, and would you believe actually moved up to a 4/24 delivery?

11. BobZune macrumors 6502a

I changed the pre-order after visiting the Apple Retail Store and having a try-on. My wrist is 175mm (52-53mm wide), so I could wear either size comfortably. My eyes are pretty good through I wear glasses (somewhat near sighted), and I can see and read the display on either watch size pretty well at any reasonable distance. I had ordered the 38mm space gray sport with black band and the 42mm Stainless Steel (SS) with Milenese band. I decided to cancel the SS version for now. One of my reasons is that I want the watch sooner than "June" (SS). Again, in my specific case, I want to try out the watch for my use cases (and I still don't yet know half of them -- and won't till I have it on me a few days) before settling on a final decision -- which might include the Edition version.

ALL the watches look great with a fine finish. The straps are all nice. The Melanese strap is a bit on the thinner side for my personal taste, though it feels good and has the "analog (continuous)" adjustment that makes for a perfect fit for any hand size (which is "in range" of the band).

The store displace case looks great, but its lighting is highly controlled. I'd think the gold versions would look even better in "normal" lighting.

12. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Nope, sticking with my original 42mm Sport with White Band :)

13. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I'm doing my try-on appointment on Sunday! I ordered the Space Gray Sport 42mm. I'm sure that even if I like the SS I'll stick with the Sport for now. Honestly I don't see myself spending extra $200 just for looks on a 1gen device. I would be more than happy to spend the extra cash if they were offering extra batter life or some other feature. I will probably go with the SS next :apple: Watch Gen, no doubt about it (since I'll probably end up selling my 1gen watch when the 2nd one comes out)

14. melman101 macrumors 68030

One at 3:05 and one at 3:07. Both canceled. 38mm Stainless Steel Milanese Loop

My 42 I ordered at 3:30 :-(. Won't get till May 13th-27th

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

My apt is later on today. I ordered 42 SG Sport, with a May delivery but may switch to 38 SG Sport. I have very small wrists for a guy but we shall see.

16. melman101 macrumors 68030

If I had to guess, your gonna want to stay with 42mm.

17. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Haven't changed my order, but after trying them on today...part of me really wants to upgrade to a SS with black sport band instead of the space grey sport.

Not that I don't like the space grey, the SS with black band just looks so nice. I also don't want to wait until June since I got my 42mm order in for 1st batch...

18. aohare37 macrumors newbie

hey did you preorder the sport stainless 42mm?