Did anyone else change their shipping address after they pre-ordered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r3voLoL, Jun 17, 2010.

1. r3voLoL macrumors member

Has anyone else done this? I just did, and it seemed to work. It was gonna ship to my uncle's house because his address is the main billing address, but I just changed it and it went through ok. Now says it's shipping to my house.

2. vertigomhs macrumors member

yea i did the same this morning :D

hopefully itll go through

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

a lot of members did this, we can all hope apple ships it out to the new addresses.

4. Jnyce macrumors regular

just changed the name on the shipping, was gonna ship to the fiancee's mothers job but the difference in the tax for shipping would be too great to chance it..lol

5. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

There's been a lot of talk about this already. Of course, you have to go back 4 pages cause the board is so busy...haha

Anyway, lots of conflicting stuff. Some say no, others have said they talked to Apple people...some said no, others said yes. Some said it would cause your order to be delayed cause AT&T will check again before it ships. Others changed their billing address with AT&T to match their shipping address.

I changed mine but ended up changing it back cause I don't want to risk it. If you live far from you original shipping address, it might be worth it for you.

6. tekksan macrumors regular

Yes, I ordered through ATT and changed the shipping address via a phone call to support due to a typo at time of order.

7. bwlucas macrumors member

Yes. I did it on Apple's Store the moment after I placed the order. I don't see why there would be a delay in shipping. As soon as you make the change it updates your information in their database...

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

I did, I changed it back.

Told by more than one rep that the order will be delayed by doing this.

I refuse to join in the "Apple/AT&T screwed me over" thread on launch day, and am playing it safe :D

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Yes I changed the shipping address on my Apple store order. I went and changed my billing address with AT&T as well just to make sure that I wouldn't have any problems. I really don't think that there would be. My gut is that once the order is in Apple's system that AT&T is out of the loop, but with all of the hoopla lately, why take a chance.

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

The woman in Apple Customer Service I spoke to confirmed that AT&T has NOTHING to do with shipping, and it is totally fine to change the shipping address. She did it for me, in fact.

11. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I did... I figure the worst they will do is ignore it and ship it to the billing address. I'm hoping they don't though, otherwise I'll have to drive home and back into the AT&T store in order to process my upgrade swap.

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I didn't, but AT&T did. They changed the shipping address from my house to the store when they put the order in their system. That is OK with me, as I would rather go to the store to pick it up, than risk not being at home to sign for it.