Did anyone else get a 15" case for the MBPr even though they own a 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I bought a 15" MBPr from Apple but ended up returning it for the 13"

I already bought a 15" carrying bag I could not return, but it actually turned out to be a positive thing.

I ended up getting a case for my MPBr, which adds bulk, and I also wrap it nicely in cloth before putting it in my 15" carrying bag to buffer any potential falls

If I could get a 13" carrying bag in exchange for my 15" I probably would, but I feel like there are advantages to using a bigger carrying bag

Here's what I bought: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9XL53E/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

2. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

That's REALLY nice. On the pricey end though. Does it protect the MBPr well?

Like if I'm traveling and some jerk decides put their heavy bag on my backpack, will my MBPr stay undamaged?

4. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

I've never come across that situation since I always have my backpack right next to me when I travel. It sits next to me in the airport while waiting for my flight by the gate. I put it underneath my legs when on the plane. I try to make sure that nothing like some jerk decides to put their heavy bag or something on my backpack lol! It's gonna be an expensive accident if that happens. There's a 50/50 chance your MBPr will be damaged depending on the weight & impact I guess. This backpack is slim and was not designed for rugged use.

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

That's cool. And yeah actually I think I'll just do that the next time I travel. I always put my computer up in the cubbie and worry that someone might put something heavy on top.

Next time I'll just put it under my seat to be extra safe. Thanks.