Did anyone else in the UK do this to countdown the days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkee, Oct 22, 2007.

1. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Did anyone else buy an advent calendar a few days ago when it was 25 days left until November 9th? :p

(I'd like to make it clear that I don't have an advent calendar I merely joked about it at work and was mocked! Wooh just 17 days left!)

2. roblawton macrumors 6502

3. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I'm so glad Leopard is out on Friday, will keep my mind off the phone.
    it's really doing my head in now.
    the next 2 weeks are going to be so............................ long!!!!!!

4. danielforman macrumors regular

Good idea about the advent calendar and is somewhat appropriate as the iPhone launch will be Christmas come early for some people:D. Well it probably will be for me.

Although I think I might be having 2 Christmas' this year. One on Nov 9 for iPhone launch and then a bit later when i hopefully get an iMac.

5. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

My christmas will literally be on Nov 9th, my wife is buying me the iPhone... as a very early christmas present. Maybe she will forget by then!!:D

6. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

omg im so freakin excited about my leopard arriving and im sooo excited for everyone thats getting the iphone on the official date!!!! i already have mine and omg youll soooooo love it to bits!!! its my lil baby!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. ibanana macrumors 6502

i'm getting mad too. i keep on looking at people phone in the street in the hope of spotting one. Anyway i've spotted one last saturday in bond street.
    Sad i know.

8. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i'm doing that too lol!!! i've still to see one but if i do i'm likely to run up to them and take it off them lol!!!!
    not long to go..............:apple:

9. dombookpro macrumors member

me too! I literally feel like an impatient child on Christmas Eve - "Is it November 9th yet?!"

10. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I know what you mean! I've been waiting for this phone Since Jan, and when it was released in America I wanted one, now I'm so fed up with wanting one that I know when I get one I will probably be dissapointed, because I've hyped it up to be the most amazing thing in the world!

11. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i was on holiday when it came out in the US, i promised myself i'd wait till i came home to read about it but i just couldn't help myself. i left the beach and went to an internet cafe and sat their for 2 hours.
    now it's finally here but just not yet..............
    the end is near my friends.

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

This worries me to an extent as well, but somehow I think that most of us will be delighted with our new gadget!

13. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I have to admit that I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be as good as I was hoping....until I tried the iPod Touch and I was like Dude multi-touch rocks. But playing with the Touch made me sad because I still have to wait for the iPhone :p

14. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

The iPhone is so much better than the touch. Just wait til you get your hands on one. I couldn't wait...

[​IMG]

15. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Why do you torture me so? :(

16. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Not long left dude! Sorry to torture you. Just look at how shiny it is. Then imagine using it... using it is the best. The best. I enjoy it more than my MacBook (email, net, itunes). I really do. You'll love it.

17. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! you're making it worse!! :p

16 days left woooooh!

18. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

If you're in Manchester or going to MacLive Expo you can have a look :)

I love this. Flicking through coverflow and oh! a call? pressed remote on headphones to take the call and just look like a nutter talking to himself with an iPod :cool:

19. danielforman macrumors regular

How could you do that to us. The sight of an iPhone on the net these days makes me water at the mouth :D:D

I really can't wait to get one in my hands. Roll on nov. 9

20. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Does anyone else spend all their time on these forums just trying to get one more piece of information about the iPhone? Or have a bunch of videos in iTunes which they watch everyday! OMG the wait is unbearable!

21. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I can make a new video if you want... what do you want to see it doing? How about I make a video of it playing a video on youtube? :D

Seriously - if there is anything specific you want to see before you sign the dotted line I would love to gloat. I mean help. :rolleyes:

22. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i have one rather daft question, if you charge it all night can you get up in the morning and simply take it off the cradle or do you have to wake your mac and eject the phone from itunes?

23. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Just pull it off. After iTunes syncs, it is then ready to be removed (as in my pic). You can just pull it off the cradle and get going.

It also comes with the cutest wall charger in the box! I can take a photo of it tonight if you like ;)

Any more questions? I am happy to answer - no matter how 'stupid' or pointless...

24. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

when you get finger prints on it can you see them when using the phone and are they easily cleaned off with your shirt?
    is the cloth u get with it any good?
    will it easily connect to my netgear wireless router? i'd like to see a video of it.

cheers!

25. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

a) Finger prints are a non issue. You see them when the phone is off (unless wiped clear) and then you cannot see them at all with the screen on - it's too bright and crisp.

b) The provided cloth is just fine, as is a slow wipe with a Tshirt or a finger (as opposed to many prints, just one smooth slide).

c) it easily connected to my BTHomeHub (which my Mac needs the installer CD for if I delete the profile). The Homehub is a crap router - the netgear will be fine I am more than sure.

Out of interest - I changed the input to my headphones with a scalpel and PTFE tape so that it fits snugly in the iPhone recessed port. Worked a treat. Bassy music here we go!

[​IMG]

Having said that if anyone calls me, I will miss taking the phone call with the provided headset as that is so cool. Music fades out, ringer fades in, start talking, stop, music fades in... awesome