Did anyone else lose their music after upgrading to 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ohjustjake, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ohjustjake macrumors newbie

I bought the update this morning, and installed it tonight because I didn't get a chance to earlier. It said it was backing up my touch, then it installed everything.

And yet, when I turned on my ipod after it finished installing, no music was there. It only synced what was on my computer, which was only about 1/10 of what I had on it before (I don't keep it on my computer because I don't have the space). I thought that it backed up my ipod touch?

Anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to get my music back if it's not too late?

2. superman193 macrumors regular

Pretty odd problem, I dont know how to solve possibly browse through iTunes library files?

3. ohjustjake thread starter macrumors newbie

hm, I think the secret was me to unplug my ipod, then plug it back in.

it now says "backing up iPod", which hopefully means my music.

If this happens to anyone else, try doing this.

4. ohjustjake thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, that was a lie. It was actually "backing up iPod" onto my computer, not reloading what it erased before. I'm screwed.

5. Pain macrumors regular

Before I attempted to upgrade my iPod Touch (which failed), I used SharePod.

6. LJB macrumors newbie

iPod Backup

My understanding is the back up process does not include the music which should already be on the PC or Mac. When I upgraded my iPod Touch, I had to re-sync all the Music, etc. has a separate step.