Did anyone else order the Apple Watch just for the Mickey Mouse face?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macgeek01, Apr 18, 2015.

1. macgeek01 macrumors 6502a

Just joking but going off other threads you would think I was serious just reading the title. I'm sure someone did however and hope it brings joy to the them because it's a small world after all!

2. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Not just for it, but I have to admit I was rather thrilled to see it as an option. # It'll be my default face.

3. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

No. I will never use the Mickey face. Glad people like it though!

4. mbern1008 macrumors regular

going to disney in July for a week..... Might use it then but that's about it

5. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

6. adambird macrumors 6502

I'm looking forward to it being 6:30 on the mickey face...

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I did not even realise it was going to be an official watch face. I thought it was just a demo for the keynote

8. inflame93 macrumors newbie

I've got a mickey mouse watch that I got in disneyland, I wear it daily :)

9. disneymanda macrumors member

disneymanda

In case my screen name didn't give it away. Why yes, yes that was a BIG factor in my decision. I have been missing that Mickey watch face since the days of my iPod Nano.

10. macgeek01, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

macgeek01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still have my Nano with watchband which has been my Apple Watch up to this point!

----------

Lucifer666 loves Mickey. This made me smile :)

I would be cool if you could leave the watch face display on for special occasions even at the expense of the battery but imagine it could get warm.

11. leenak macrumors 68020

The mickey mouse face is creepy. I love me some Mickey mouse, I practically grew up at Disneyland but no, that tapping freaks me out.

12. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

Already got the Mickey Mouse face on my Nano watch for years now. It's only a nice gimmick for the first couple of days.

(I am a big Disney fan btw, been to all the parks except for Tokyo.)

13. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

How can you not love Mickey?! He still is one of my favorite characters. I wouldn't mind having Mighty Mouse as one of my Watch faces. But that's a whole different topic. I am hoping that Apple will open up the Watch Faces to developers so we can have more options come down the line. But for now, to answer your question yes. This will probably be one of my defaults.

-Shawn

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Aging hippie here . . . think this face was cleverly designed to snare those that never had the first Micky Mouse watch . . . I will not admit that it worked, but I might use the face off and on . . .;)

15. hppy29 macrumors 6502a

Nothing wrong with Mickey although a young Mortimer's foot taping would look better lol Hope they bring out the Goofy backwards face.. now that will confuse people

16. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I did. I was hooked the second I saw it. Of course, I'm a geek and a gadget lover, so I had to have one, but the Mickey face got me.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

An animated Mickey is one of the three dozen watchface options I keep installed on my LG Watch R, for when the grandkids (or my son-in-law, a big Disney fan) are around:

micky.png

I'm sure it'll be a hit with them on the Apple Watch I ordered, as well.

18. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

Kind of.

It will be my main watch face most of the time. Mainly because I'm a big Disney nerd.

19. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I've never really liked any of the Disney animated characters. Warner all the way. Bugs Bunny is my spirit animal.

20. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

A nice touch, but the astronomy face and a few others were more appealing, day-to-day for me. Next time I'm at Epcot though, I'll dress accordingly :p

21. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Is that painted?

22. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I did not order the Apple Watch because of it, but it will be my default watch face at first. My small healthy obsession with Disney is a little bigger than my small healthy obsession with Apple is. :D

Jeff

23. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The watch case? Nope.

Like a growing number of other LGWR owners, I removed most of the black coating to reveal the stainless steel body underneath.

I'm still in the process of using polishing compound to shine it up, although its current slightly brushed look is growing on me, and I'm thinking of getting a matching stainless steel link bracelet like this guy did:

ss-band.png

(Btw, mine looks better than the picture I posted. I used my iPad mini to take it, and it didn't come out very well.)

--

Back to Mickey: I can't wait until Apple opens up third party watchfaces. There are so many possibilities, and so many personal preferences and desires.

For the "most personal device we've made yet", they need to exert less corporate control over its looks. Heck, I think Apple themselves should sell a regular watchband adapter, but the watchband profit they're clearly making from trapped buyers right now makes that less likely all the time.

24. vidsmart macrumors member

Didn't order for Mickey, but I am taking my grandkids on a Disney cruise this summer. I can't wait to see my granddaughter's face when I show her the watch. (That sounded like an Apple commercial didn't it? Or either that I am old!)

25. Mr.C macrumors 601

No it wasn't my primary reason or decision maker but no doubt I will use it now and then depending on my mood. I do like Disney but I wouldn't classify myself as a fan.