Did anyone else receive a 'scratched' 6s?

ice2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
I just got mine in the mail today and what can I say, it's gorgeous. However, I noticed it has a tiny scratch at the very bottom of the back and quite frankly, it does bother me. It's not a large scratch by any means, rather some sort of discoloration of the aluminum or something? I just think that at these prices, Apple should make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. I'm contemplating sending it back but the Telekom reps are not able to tell me how long it is gonna take them to send me a new one.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm receiving mine today and you can bet I will inspect every inch of the phone to ensure it's perfect otherwise, I'm gonna wait a couple days and return it.

I didn't pay 1k+ to have an imperfect cosmetic phone, so I suggest you do the same.

Reactions: AppleWes and CE3

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I would send it back, or see if you can get a discount.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
No, you probably wouldn't get a refund, actually.
I would be on top of it right away, and it would definitely get fully refunded or exchanged. but we can go round and round with the nos and the yeses if you'd like.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
No, you probably wouldn't get a refund, actually.
Yes, he would so long as it's through Apple. A full refund will be offered as long as it's not smashed and all accessories are there. At that point he can pre-order a new one or, if he's lucky, buy another on the spot.

ice2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
No, Apple will NOT exchange it. The customer rep told me that since I could not prove the phone came this way, they could not do anything for me. Also, since this is not a technical problem, it's not covered by AppleCare / their warranty.

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
No, Apple will NOT exchange it. The customer rep told me that since I could not prove the phone came this way, they could not do anything for me. Also, since this is not a technical problem, it's not covered by AppleCare / their warranty.
Thank you for proving my point.

Reactions: Rocko9999

ice2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Thank you for proving my point.
I should also add that I did not buy my phone through apple (I renewed my plan with T-Mobile). I could imagine that they would accept returns if I bought it at an Apple store and came back 20 minutes later. If I came back two weeks later, however...

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I should also add that I did not buy my phone through apple (I renewed my plan with T-Mobile). I could imagine that they would accept returns if I bought it at an Apple store and came back 20 minutes later.
So why are you trying to return or exchange through Apple and not the place you got it from? Yes, I think Apple would refund or exchange if you purchased via their website or in store.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Mine is fine! If its bothering you though, you should go get it exchanged. Hopefully they don't think you scratched it or something though!

ice2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
So why are you trying to return or exchange through Apple and not the place you got it from? Yes, I think Apple would refund or exchange if you purchased via their website or in store.
Because apparently, T-Mobile used to let people use Apple's express service and then just refund the 30 bucks.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
This reminds me of the slate iPhone 5. I went through at least 5 of those and all were scuffed. I skipped the 5 (and bought an LTE iPad 3) and waited for the 5s.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
what's it look like? pics?
so i know what to look next time.
I just got mine in the mail today and what can I say, it's gorgeous. However, I noticed it has a tiny scratch at the very bottom of the back and quite frankly, it does bother me. It's not a large scratch by any means, rather some sort of discoloration of the aluminum or something? I just think that at these prices, Apple should make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. I'm contemplating sending it back but the Telekom reps are not able to tell me how long it is gonna take them to send me a new one.
I bought a THULE tough case for my iPhone6 put the phone in it and the only thing i see is the glass covering the screen. I am just renting the phone from Sprint so it's not like i worry a lot about it just want to be able to swap it when the iPhone7 hits the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.