Did anyone else receive a 'scratched' 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ice2k, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ice2k macrumors newbie

I just got mine in the mail today and what can I say, it's gorgeous. However, I noticed it has a tiny scratch at the very bottom of the back and quite frankly, it does bother me. It's not a large scratch by any means, rather some sort of discoloration of the aluminum or something? I just think that at these prices, Apple should make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. I'm contemplating sending it back but the Telekom reps are not able to tell me how long it is gonna take them to send me a new one.

2. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Just go into an apple store, thats unacceptable.

3. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I'm receiving mine today and you can bet I will inspect every inch of the phone to ensure it's perfect otherwise, I'm gonna wait a couple days and return it.

I didn't pay 1k+ to have an imperfect cosmetic phone, so I suggest you do the same.

4. CE3 macrumors 6502a

I would send it back, or see if you can get a discount.

5. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

And prove it was that way in the box-impossible.

6. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Impossible to prove or not..if this happened to me it would get returned and I would get a full refund one way or the other.

7. ice2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, that's what they told me. They referred me to my carrier (Telekom / T-Mobile Germany).

8. Cryates macrumors 6502a

No, you probably wouldn't get a refund, actually.

9. CE3 macrumors 6502a

I would be on top of it right away, and it would definitely get fully refunded or exchanged. but we can go round and round with the nos and the yeses if you'd like.

10. madridista59 macrumors regular

yep, for the price these phones go for, and especially coming from apple, it's unacceptable. take it in and have it replaced.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yes, he would so long as it's through Apple. A full refund will be offered as long as it's not smashed and all accessories are there. At that point he can pre-order a new one or, if he's lucky, buy another on the spot.

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It sucks, but easily fixed. Apple will expedite an exchange...

13. ice2k thread starter macrumors newbie

No, Apple will NOT exchange it. The customer rep told me that since I could not prove the phone came this way, they could not do anything for me. Also, since this is not a technical problem, it's not covered by AppleCare / their warranty.

14. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Thank you for proving my point.

15. ice2k thread starter macrumors newbie

I should also add that I did not buy my phone through apple (I renewed my plan with T-Mobile). I could imagine that they would accept returns if I bought it at an Apple store and came back 20 minutes later. If I came back two weeks later, however...

16. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

what's it look like? pics?
    so i know what to look next time.

17. CE3 macrumors 6502a

So why are you trying to return or exchange through Apple and not the place you got it from? Yes, I think Apple would refund or exchange if you purchased via their website or in store.

18. nordique macrumors 6502a

Mine is fine! If its bothering you though, you should go get it exchanged. Hopefully they don't think you scratched it or something though!

19. ice2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Because apparently, T-Mobile used to let people use Apple's express service and then just refund the 30 bucks.

20. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

This reminds me of the slate iPhone 5. I went through at least 5 of those and all were scuffed. I skipped the 5 (and bought an LTE iPad 3) and waited for the 5s.

21. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I bought a THULE tough case for my iPhone6 put the phone in it and the only thing i see is the glass covering the screen. I am just renting the phone from Sprint so it's not like i worry a lot about it just want to be able to swap it when the iPhone7 hits the market.