Did Anyone Else's MacBook Pro Come With Extra Rubber on the Hinge?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MICHAELSD, Dec 23, 2008.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

My MacBook Pro came with "extra rubber" on the right side of the display hinge, the same that's used for the rubber around the screen. It was randomly glued on to about an inch or two of the display hinge. It wasn't a line of rubber, more like pieces. I got some off with my finger and the rest should come off with water, though it's weird for such an expensive machine to have problems like that. I'm not going to complain to Apple for something that I can get off myself, though Apple's build quality standards need to be improved...

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

mine didnt, can you take a pic of what your talking about please?

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Not sure what you mean. Post a pic if you can.

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

Meh, things like these happen. You'd think they would be able to glue stickers on correctly, on expensive PC laptops.. nope, half the time they're very crooked.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sorry, my computer didn't come with rubbers preinstalled. Didn't really expect to get that intimate I guess.

6. DitDah macrumors newbie

Dude...you paid a premium...you should definitely be complaining! Don't roll over and let it go...how will they improve and fix it if they don't know about it!!!???

The standards for products across the world are slowly getting worse...because? Because people roll over and don't complain and buy it anyways. You want change? Stop buying...keep complaining. The only thing they care about is making money...and to get their attention you have to hit them where it hurts. This is going to take a group effort...but more than achievable...just not sure this generation can handle it...just a bunch of sheep.