Did anyone experience problems when you installed windows on my mac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iPowers, Jun 25, 2007.

?

Did you experience problems when you installed windows (or another OS) on your mac

1. NO problems. EVerything is fine

50.0%
  2. I had some negative effects happen happen, but it wasn't major

33.3%
  3. Dude it was the biggest mistake I ever did

25.0%
  4. I don't know. it was already installed when I bought it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iPowers macrumors 6502

When you installed Windows, on your mac, did everyone end up being ok for you or did you find a negative effect happen. I was thinking of installing it and I can't back it up because the data on my computer is about 134 GB worth. And I was thinking of taking a risk, but I wanted to hear your opiion.

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

It was such a hassle!

Firstly on my imac I installed XP, then later upgraded to vista, I needed to reformat the partition, resize it and then I got tuned c**p by the windows installer, the process annoyed me.

Next on a Core2 Macbook, Just with XP but I had so many driver issues. Until apple released the new version of bootcamp (previous version) I was not able to use windows.

I've also tried to get ubuntu on my external HDD which has been unsuccessful!

3. foidulus macrumors 6502a

It was such a hassle

First I had to go to Arizona, then I had to sneak into your house while you were away, find your mac, start it up, back up all your data, then I had to install parallels and then windows all before you came back or the neighboors noticed a strange man was in a house installing software on a mac that wasn't his:p

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Zomg, now that I noticed the title it seems awkward...

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I didn't know your password.

In any case, I've done 3 installs without an issue (MBP CD twice and Mini CD). You SHOULD always back up because you never know. Besides, what would happen if you hard drive took a dump - you would be up sh*t creek, that's for sure.

If you can read and comprehend what is in the manual, you will be fine. Of course, by read I mean - you:

1) use an officially supported operating system and valid install disc
    2) don't bother trying if your HDD is already partitioned
    3) select the correct partition when installing
    4) don't try to resize partitions after the fact - don't make your decision on partition size without proper planning

The only negative is the fact that Windows is on my mac. :eek: