Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

db2431

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Getting a phone in a week or so and the temptation to sell and make a quick £300 is very tempting, any others do it?On the other hand Im not sure I can wait any longer to have one, opinions? (before anyone moans its a supply and demand market,Im not forcing anyone to bid for it at whatever price)

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
I always Ebay mine right at the launch of a new iphone, It basically pays for my new one, plus I usually profit. No reason for me to keep it around.

The only reason I would even consider keeping it, is it use it as a jailbreak device.

But I can always pick up a cheap iphone for 100 bucks or so If I wanna do that

db2431

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I always Ebay mine right at the launch of a new iphone, It basically pays for my new one, plus I usually profit. No reason for me to keep it around.

The only reason I would even consider keeping it, is it use it as a jailbreak device.

But I can always pick up a cheap iphone for 100 bucks or so If I wanna do that

Im talking about ebaying the new iphone 4 when it arrives

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here in the US, its down right impossible to make a buck selling the new phone on ebay - that is unless you want to say locked in a 2 year contract with AT&T and no new phone to show for it.

We now have a 325 ETF, so we're already down 525 if we opt to sell and cancel the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.