Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I just noticed they are only dots now, I think I like this better.

j0wpoz.png

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
iOS 6 for reference:

Hmmm... so I'm not stupid?

No, it's the signal strength.

Apple have managed to totally remove the carrier from OS and the device, apart from delving within the settings. Unimaginable 5+ years ago.

Well the carrier name never shows when on Wifi so that's still up for debate. Or have you seen a demo with wifi turned off...?

iPawd13

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
I don't like it at all tbh. Like why dots? they should've kept the regular signal indicator and made it transparent but oh well.:p

HeezyBear

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
No, it's the signal strength.

Apple have managed to totally remove the carrier from OS and the device, apart from delving within the settings. Unimaginable 5+ years ago.

Your carrier will likely still be displayed when you're not on wifi just like it currently is. Apple just won't show it in their promotional material.

naltst*

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2005
If you look back at the iOS6 screenshot there was no carrier thee either... I bet carriers will still appear top left by the dots for me

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I don't like it at all tbh. Like why dots? they should've kept the regular signal indicator and made it transparent but oh well.:p

Will be easier to read at a glance IMO. There are certain times (color of the screen + certain lighting, etc.) when it takes a second to focus on if you have two, three, or four bars. Not that you'll ever be desperate to know in an instant... just makes it easier.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Hmmm... so I'm not stupid?

Well the carrier name never shows when on Wifi so that's still up for debate. Or have you seen a demo with wifi turned off...?

Check again. Currently connected to wifi and have my carrier ('3') between radio signal and wifi signal.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
They could of done with chaning the wifi bars to those dots, as the wifi bar never really proves be that accurate at all.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I am on Sprint and it shows between cell radio and wifi bars... Every iPhone I have seen does this.

I don't know why I was so certain that it doesn't. I'm at home and it IS showing AT&T while on wifi. I swear I've seen it not show before. :confused:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
well this is dumb i thought we finally got rid of the carrier logo, my carrier "t-mobile.de" is so long that the spinning wheel always jumps to the right side. redic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.