did anyone pre order from radio shack???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cheplampardfan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Cheplampardfan macrumors member

I pre ordered a 32gb white wifi.... figured it be better than waiting in line at the mall waiting for the apple store to start selling them... did anybody else pre order from radio shack?

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

Was that instore or online, if it can be done instore I may well hunt one down and see what I can do (I'm over in NYC from the UK for a week).

3. leep macrumors newbie

I went into a Radio Shack on Friday (3.9) and tried to pre-order. However, apparently they received a directive the day before that they were stopping pre-orders. (One employee was about to start the pre-order process, but then another employee pulled up their intranet memo with the updated info.)

Did you pre-order in the past few days or last Weds/Thurs?

4. mikew3st macrumors newbie

I went in on Saturday morning after seeing their press release on the front page. Walked in and was told that they had stopped taking pre-orders as stated above, but they took my name and number and said they would call if they got extras in. They also mentioned that they had only taken 4-5 pre-orders and I was the first person on the list. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get the call, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

5. Cheplampardfan thread starter macrumors member

I went to the store last Friday and pre ordered a 32gb white wifi.. i was told by the store manager that i am guaranteed one even though i don't get off work until 12:30

6. Azzin macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks, I'm off to see where all the RS's in NYC are!

7. Cheplampardfan thread starter macrumors member

I pre ordered last friday