did anyone purchase there rmpb at best buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gene8, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Gene8 macrumors newbie

Gene8

i noticed most people on this forum purchased there MacBooks via the apple store (either online or in store) i purchased my retina macbook pro at best buy about a week ago and love it. so to the community,what's the advantages of purchasing at the apple store? because at best buy my rmbp was $50 cheaper then regular price. just curious.. any input is appreciated

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Purchased from BB because I had gift cards, and might as well rack up another $50 back in RewardZone points. No difference in price, had them price match Apple's education pricing as well.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For me it was pre-ordering ;)

I pre-ordered from apple since the rMBP wasn't out yet :D

4. Bokes macrumors 6502

A mac is a mac- doesn't matter where you get it.
    I have an Apple store in my neighborhood and 2 blocks down is a Best Buy.
    Best Buy will match any legit price.
    I found the 13inch for $1299 online. ($200 saving)
    Best Buy matched the cheap price no problem.
    Apple doesn't care- still another mac sold.

That said-
    If there is a problem or issue with the machine- I'll take it to the Apple store- not Best Buy.

5. 1member1 macrumors 6502

It was just cheaper for me so i bought in best buy. besides that i think there was no difference.

6. gmikesell macrumors regular

I got my base model MBPr 15" mid-2012 new from from Best Buy a few weeks ago. It was on clearance and they price matched B&H Photo ($1,899). My macbook has the Samsung display/SSD and has been pretty much flawless. I'm very happy with it. For the price, even on discount, I find myself still looking at different top tier windows laptops but I just can't seem to make myself willing to give up this razor sharp display in exchange for cash in my pocket. I'm saving up for AppleCare and intend to have that attached in a few months.

7. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Yup, purchased mine from BB. It was the model prior to the refresh, so they had a nice discount on it. Its got the samsung screen and has been perfect thus far. Apple store is two hours from me.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would have if they had the model I wanted in stock.

Price matching pretty much everyone, great return policy, reward points, open earlier and closes later than the Apple Store, what's not to like?

9. Mdwall macrumors member

Got mine from BB as well.
    Premier rewards member so the points plus the extended return policy plus the fact that they price matched an Amazon deal for me made it a great deal. 2449 for the 512 was not possible to beat. Plus, I love Best Buy

10. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Nope our family doesn't buy from worst buy after messing up our financing with out TV. I ordered my rMBP from Apple w/ education discount.

11. imejh macrumors member

imejh

I buy just about all my electronics from Best Buy...18 months financing, rewards points, fast and easy no hassle purchasing (unlike local Apple store insanity) so ya what's not to like about BB. I am a recent Apple convert and bought all my Apple stuff at BB about 6 weeks ago, rMBP, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, and Time Capsule. I tried to do the whole Apple experience thing and made 2 attempts to try and buy all the stuff at Apple store (I even opened a Barclays Apple card account) but after being made to wait both times I left after a hour wait the first time and the second time 45 minutes. After the second time I drove straight to BB and spent my 4 grand there, also it only took me 40 min to buy everything and get out of the store.

So that's my BB vs Apple store experience. I very happy with all my Apple stuff, but I'll never go back to the Apple store again.