Did anyone receive this surprise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TaporSnap, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TaporSnap, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015

TaporSnap macrumors newbie

TaporSnap

image.jpeg
    I preordered my phone super late and was bumming I wasn't going to get my phone on launch day.. Look what I just got!

Anyone else get lucky?

2. Knockoutjosie, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Attachment with OP's phone number has been removed.

B

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Thank you!

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

and all the slightly funny other post in this thread were also nuked

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: They didn't make any sense without the original post.

B

7. epphllps macrumors 6502

Same for me. Ordered 4 days after launch and was expecting delivery 10/7 from Verizon and got my phone today. Space grey 6s Plus 64gb.

8. shadesofearl macrumors newbie

shadesofearl

What did you get ? See nothing special

9. koulmj macrumors 6502

10. Liisa01 macrumors member

Liisa01

I did!!! Preordered Tuesday(9/22) I really was not expecting a phone until the end of October. Best Buy called and told me my phone was in!!!!!!

11. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

i originally pre-ordered on the 12th, the day pre-orders began. when i got a package i thought was pretty early, it turned out they shipped me a 6 Plus. i was like, wtf!? then i told this new.. iPhone, "s", Plus, pre-order. anyway, then ended up sending me an LG G4. i've never been so furious with T-Mo as a new customer. anyway, it finally looked like this past Tuesday was going to be the day they finally get it right, but one of the 16 reps (how many times i was transferred within a little over 3 hrs of being on the phone with them) said that my placement would be at least 2 weeks out. i was hoping to have it before a business trip. well, yesterday noon (Friday), i get not only one...

[​IMG]

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Apple really made a ton of these devices this year I think. Especially the space gray which was hard to come by last year. Awesome score! Happy you got it!

13. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Lol. Tmo was terrible for me too. Make sure your account isn't totally screwed up. We have three lines with iPhones and they each had two phones on them. The reps didn't even know how that happened. I'm guessing something similar happened to you...

14. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

This is why you never do shiz over the phone, ever. Online is much harder for them to screw up then some idiot rep.

I have the same issue with my mom who is in her 60s now. Shes on a very very old ATT 2 year plan for like 7-8 years ago. She finally wants to upgrade the old flip phone which means a new plan with data. I said GO ONLINE and the plans are laid out there, no ifs ands or buts from this rep said this or that. They all have unlim talk/text, just how much data you need changes the price.

What's she do? Of course call the ATT moron reps who give her misinformation about their plans which didnt at all sound right when she told me what plan he suggested for her. It's not even an advertised plan they currently have so it's definitely not correct information.

Moral of the story, what printed online usually is and has to be honored when it's clicked on. A phone rep can tell you x, y and z and none of it is true or they screw it up 2 ways from Sunday.

15. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

^
    oh, trust me.. it's super screwed up. it's so bad, they told me to stop calling till a few days after i get my phone and have it activated. they want to avoid confusion while my 'suspended' account is under investigation. not only did they mess up the phone order, they messed up the plan and the entire contract. and i even have all these high-dollar amount of odd charges on my credit card which which was the only thing they knew how to do, best - just keep on charging me.

^
    i actually intended to go to the website and order which is how it all started out. unfortunately, when pre-ordering the new iPhone through their JUMP! On Demand leasing program, you're directed to call the hotline as there's no way to select that payment plan via the website.

but i'm not getting service in my area anyway (even with their Extended Range LTE with the new iPhone), so i'll be canceling within the 30 days because as it states in their 'Lifetime Coverage Guarantee':

"if you aren't totally satisfied with our coverage, you'll get your money back (if it's within the first 30 days), OR we'll unlock your new iPhone so you can take it to another carrier."

i may either pick up an unlocked version or try to find an ATT version to buy outright (since it looks to be the version that will work on Sprint's network, as the T-Mo version is the one that will work on Verizon's, according to another thread on here).

but either way, i'm not staying with T-Mo. i already have service on their network anyway with MetroPCS in which their unlimited LTE plan is $20 dollars cheaper.

16. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Ordered my wife's 6S (upgrading from a 2.5 yr old 5) at opening of pre-order window and that came on Launch day. No big thing.

AT&T wouldn't give me my next eligibility to pre-order even though they said they would. I had to wait until Launch day 9/25 to order mine. I ordered a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6S Plus on Friday 25th around 10:30am. I got a confirmation my phone would ship between 10/23-10/30.

But then I got an email at 11:15 Friday night saying it shipped. FedEx hasn't updated from received shipping info to received package with a delivery date yet. But if I receive it this week that will be pretty good for a 6S Plus 64 considering when I ordered. FYI, I ordered it from AT&T.

I was going to play the crazy Apple store reservation tool game this morning and Sunday if need be to find and reserve on and get it this weekend, but now that my phone has shipped I can't cancel it and re-use my Next eligibility. And honestly getting it this week is just as good not having to deal with the hassle of going to Apple or trying to reserve one.

I'm guessing you mean you ordered four days after pre-order, as launch was just yesterday and 4 days haven't passed since launch.

17. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yeah, I was able to walk into a Verizon store today and just pick one up. Really surprised.

18. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

Yesterday my preorder was delivered, but my wife decided she wanted one. So I went to the store to order one, she wanted a iphone 6s rose gold 64gb. I got there about 3:30pm and they had one left, so I snatched it up. I could not believe they actually had one.