Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deluxeh0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
I haven't got an update from them and was wondering if anyone did. Thx

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
A co-worker of mine did a reserve at RadioShack and mentioned this morning he has yet to hear from them.

1love

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I was told by the RS store manager that they would have more info on the 22nd?

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
i was lucky enough to get a pin!

Thats awsome.. when I talked to my Radioshack, they said they were starting their preorders at 1pm on Tuesday. I got there at 12:55, 1st one there, no line at all. He put my info in and entered it at 1:01 and the system would reject it and not give a pin. He tried a good 15 times for me and assured me if anyone else came in after me that he would again run mine 1st before theirs to see if it went it. He was not able to get one to go through all day. So as of now I am 1st on their "pencil list" and he would call me if they magically got any in and the 1st one was mine. I am by no means relying on this.

What time did you go and get your pin? Did all Radioshacks start at 1pm or was my store just lazy and set their own time?

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
My friend manages a Radio Shack store and said he will probably have some info about how many phones they will get on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not sure if it's the same for all of them or not.

thercanbeonly1

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Yea i heard they weren't getting any info until wednesday, and also rumor has it the pins really don't mean anything at all. I would go to a best buy early on thursday instead.

SubSolar

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
I did, number 3 or 4 on the list. The guy said I should be fine if I show up at 6 a.m. when it opens, lol. My backup plan is the AT&T store in the same plaza. They called me and said it's first come first serve, no lists or pre-ordering. He wasn't sure what time they open, 7 or 8 he said probably.

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
Yea i heard they weren't getting any info until wednesday, and also rumor has it the pins really don't mean anything at all. I would go to a best buy early on thursday instead.

The guy at my store I would think would tell me if they are getting any at all, if he can comfirm he has a black 32 gig for me late wed and I know its there, then ill go there. If he cant tell me late wed that my phone is actually in the store then im heading too apple store early like 1am.

thercanbeonly1

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
The guy at my store I would think would tell me if they are getting any at all, if he can comfirm he has a black 32 gig for me late wed and I know its there, then ill go there. If he cant tell me late wed that my phone is actually in the store then im heading too apple store early like 1am.

I guess it will all depend where you live, Texas area (R.S. HQ) will definitely have it as well as new york and stuff. But my friend works at radioshack and they already have the sku's (fyi they confirmed only black will be available at launch lol) and not a single store in there 25 store district is getting a 32gb and only 2 stores are getting the 16gb(only 2 each). Keep in mind thats the info as of yesterday so that may change soon. Hopefully, so i can get mine.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I'm not too hopeful that Radio Shack will be getting much stock at all, but I really hope they do, because my friend is going to hold one for me. :D

pab277

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
What I thought was pretty odd was that when I went to Radio Shack today, the employee said they would have the iPhone 4 available on a first come first serve basis on the 24th since they didn't take pre-orders.

insanoshano08

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
The RS I pre-ordered from just took my name and number and info down and when i asked how many they said they were expecting to get, the lady told me that is the whole reason for taking down people's names so they can get a count of how many to order. I was like the 30th person to order so I and really doubting i'm gonna get one on Thursday but they are supposed to call me tomorrow or Wednesday to tell me what's up.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
they should know the inventory by late Tuesday Wednesday....my roomate works there and is holding mine for me....so I should be in and out before 7am...theyre opening at 6

insanoshano08

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
Little Rock, Arkansas. Sorry. I'm kinda hoping that since we don't even have an Apple store in the state of Arkansas, Apple is gonna be generous with their supply here to the retail stores..

Godzirra!

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
Pacific Ocean, Japan
im number 6 on their call list at mine. Hopefully they get in at least 10-15 phones. With only 6 people interested from that store still, im sure there wasnt more than 2 or 3 pre orders, if any

8mpg

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Im in TX and my store didnt preorder a single one because of their system. I doubt they will be getting any.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
I'm number one at my store. I was originally on a pre-pre-order list. They called me to set up the pre-order. He asked which model I'd like, and address, phone number, etc. He then printed out a receipt.

I never was given a pin, but I'm number one at the store? I don't know what to think. Maybe they just didn't give me the pin. I'll call tomorrow to see what's up.

dhartung02

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Little Rock, Arkansas. Sorry. I'm kinda hoping that since we don't even have an Apple store in the state of Arkansas, Apple is gonna be generous with their supply here to the retail stores..

Hey I am from Little Rock as well! I did the pencil pre-order at the same Radio Shack on Bowman. They gave me the same story and told me i was number 21. Im still strategizing my game plan. I can decide if i should sit out early at AT&T, take a chance at Walmart, or go early to Radio Shack. Im pretty sure Best Buy is out. We dont have a lot of options here in Little Rock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.