Did anyone see "The Happening" this weekend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timmypv15, Jun 14, 2008.

1. timmypv15 macrumors regular

In the movie one of the people claims that "Her relative sent her this video" of one of the places it was happening, then she whips out her iPhone. I just thought it was ironic since they can't get MMS.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Possible sign it's coming in v2.0? :cool:

R-Fly

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

Haha, I had a bit of a chuckle.

4. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I've got an unbreakable sixth sense about these things, and there just hasn't been any signs pointing towards this ever happening.

Now, can anyone tell what I just did?

Ahaha....hahahahahaha.....hahahaha....hah......[cough n sigh].... seriously though, I want an iPhone.

5. isimon1207 macrumors member

yeah just like that one show was a sign of a sideways keyboard. Cmon people, its just a movie.

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

considering that half of hollywood can't even figure out how to hold it properly, i doubt they have any insider information on 2.0.

7. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

...and you're in the village while typing this, right?

8. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

<rant>
    MMS.... Bah. I have never really understood what all the fuss is about. On every carrier I have attempted to use it on, the implementation is piss poor. Since most devices can get email nowadays, why not just send an email. It is just so funny how soo many people think the sun rises and sets on such a mediocre technology/product (MMS). All I read is "OMG teh 3g suxors because no MMS". If I were Apple, I would ignore MMS and continue to update the email client to add even more features. To me its like saying the iPhone sucks because it didn't come with an IR port or the ability to connect to my old 386 via a serial port.
    </rant>

9. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

lol, the zoo scene?

My woman was like "hey your phone can't do that right?"

haha

OT the movie sucked

10. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Again, (I've said this many times) the problem is not because I can't SEND MMS it is because I can't dictate to all my friends and business associates to NOT send me MMS. They forget or don't bother to email when they know I'm on my cell and not at a computer. I keep hearing people who think MMs is outdated say things like "Email is so much better! Just send an email!" but there is never any solution to forcing the rest of the world to send you email instead of MMS.

11. jorsuss macrumors member

i agree with you. email is far more superior and i'm sure one day it will be the standard means of sending multimedia with cell phones. the problem for me is that right now everyone uses mms to send pictures and videos. i don't have the time or energy to sit all my friends down and show them how to use email on their phones to send me stuff just because i have an iphone. it would make things much easier, for me anyway, if it came equipped with built-in mms.

12. timmypv15 thread starter macrumors regular

I was just saying that it was funny since it can't do it. I wasn't speculating that it would be in 2.0 or anything, lighten up :eek:

13. christall109 macrumors 6502

yea that movie sucked balls... i strongly suggest that anyone even considering going to see it, keeps there money and save ups for whatever new iphone comes our way

14. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Yeah i was hearing bad things about that movie so i opted for Hulk instead.
    Which was Great!! I enjoyed it better than Iron Man.

15. thevibesman macrumors regular

Do they even still make good movies in this country?

16. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

CONGRATULATIONS on posting the 500,000th thread on Macrumors.
    They should give you a t-shirt or something. C'mon Macrumors- throw a little love his way.

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Congratulations on posting the 500,000th thread on MacRumors! You win a free opinion! To claim your prize, just ask any question and we'll be happy to give you our completely-biased opinion!

18. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Yes, but I'm not allowed to venture outside, shhhhhh please bring me an iPhone?

19. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

yes they do, watch 'the bucket list'
    i think it's the best

20. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

It almost looked fake. Like the video was not actually playing on the iPhone.

And yes, the movie sucked. I was very disappointed. Except for Zooey. She can do no wrong. :)

21. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It most certainly did suck! Had a better time watching "Hulk" but didn't see any iPhones. Pretty upset. :(

22. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

23. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

On a side note, maybe the woman was watching the video via YouTube and her sister had merely sent her the link or something?

24. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

damn i was trying to weigh up which one to watch, and sadly i picked The happening. By far the worst movie I've seen this year. wish i had watched the angry green guy instead :(

25. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I had considered that too, for a moment. But if you think about it, the guy at the zoo was affected so even the people that were watching would have been too, just moments after he was. So in order for it to be on YouTube, the person that filmed it would have had to run home to their computer, edit the video, convert it (if necessary), and upload it rather than trying to save their own life.