Did anyone see the new TBS commercial?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by revelated, Sep 29, 2011.

1. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

They were talking about the TBS app, and showed the iPad and everything...but then they showed what appeared to be a significantly slimmer MacBook Pro. It didn't taper in the front like the Air, and it had a black bezel on the screen. It could have been a ripoff, but it was dead on. Did anyone else see it?

Here it is. The laptop shows in the last few seconds of the video.

http://bcove.me/qnd3njzj

I managed to snap a screenshot:

Attached Files:

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That's what's called in the biz "a generic laptop". It's not real.

3. revelated thread starter macrumors 6502a

revelated

The question is, if I wanted to make a generic laptop, that specific design isn't what I would come up with. I would pick a Lenovo or something that truly looks "generic". I mean that literally looks like a thin MacBook Pro.

4. matt15f macrumors member

Spend some time outdoors.

5. revelated thread starter macrumors 6502a

revelated

Disregarding for the moment the fact that I'm a field technician who is outdoors a third of every week day, what exactly is your point?

6. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

LOL, someone got told.

7. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

LOL! don't mind me, i thought TBS stood for Taking Back Sunday, Man all but their latest albums have been so great.

Yeah its just a laptop moc-up. for advertising reasons you want something new and classy aka the macbook air. for legal reasons you want something that is not a macbook air. Thats why you make a look alike, just enough so that you mentally figure it to be a macbook air, without it actually being a macbook air. Apple doesn't really care because its just an image, and marketers get their job done. So take it easy, thanks for sharing though, rumors are always fun, thats why we are all here :)