Did anyone skip preordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHKLMRE, Sep 12, 2014.

1. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I stayed up trying to order a T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus... by the time Apple's site was up and running, the 6 Plus was available in 7-10 business days. I wish i didn't waste my time so now i'm just going to try to go to an Apple store. Did anyone decide else decide to skip out on preordering?

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Don't go to the Apple Store. Go to your carrier's store. It'll be much easier to get one there and less time consuming.

3. vitacura macrumors regular

Kind of. I pre ordered my wife the iPhone 6, but I am personally going to wait a while. We are both out of contract, but I want to see them in person first. Not really in a rush, but the Mrs wanted one. Happy wife=Happy life. :)

4. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

I go to the Apple store every product launch, I always get the phones I want. I love the atmosphere during launch day. This was my first ever attempt at preordering.

5. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Agreed. I'll be at an AT&T Store around 5AM next Friday.

6. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Well after the Apple Store seemingly being down for over an hour, and the Verizon store not allowing me to upgrade last night at all (spewing some error about retrieving an EPCD from my account...) I decided I'll just line up real early launch day at the Verizon store.

7. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Agree with both of these... Always had a great experience with lining up at AT&T. You still get the excitement, but on a smaller scale. Get there a few hours early, and you have a good chance of walking out the door before 9am with a new phone.

8. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm... perhaps i'll look into going to a carrier store!

9. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Yep, but not by choice. I am out of town next week so I won't be home for delivery from ATT, and since I'm doing a shared line upgrade I didn't preorder from Apple. I am just debating whether to go to the Apple store or the ATT store -- but leaning ATT. My only issue is that the ATT store is in a mall and the store didn't know what time mall security will allow people to lineup.

10. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

It has always been a good experience for me. The line is a fraction of what it is at the Apple store, but of course the tradeoff is that they probably have way less stock.

I'm just hoping and praying that the AT&T Store locations have enough 6 Plus models. I usually line up around 6:30AM for an 8AM store opening, but this year I may be going closer to 4:30-5AM.

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

When i went to pre-order a 6+ at 8:00 UK time, it already said 3-4 weeks, and i had only just got on the site after hitting refresh like mad. So after seeing that i decided i will wait and see the two models in the shop before deciding which one to get. The 6+ might be too big, but then again i might regret getting 6, so i'll wait and see in store.

The 6+ must be selling really well, here in the UK all models have now slipped to saying "3-4 weeks" and so have most of the 6 (all except the 16 GB) the 64GB seems to be the most popular one.

12. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

I have always been able to walk into my local T-Mobile store a few minutes after they open on launch day and get the new iPhone. There usually isn't anyone waiting or anything. I just walk in and ask for the new iPhone and they go in the back and get one. I have never not been able to get the new iPhone this way.

13. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

Does anybody know how it works when the At&t store is in the Mall? The mall does not open until 10am, so I am assuming they will people in earlier for the iphone on Friday...the at&t in the mall is the only one close to my house....either way I am going to the store today and find out how they usually do it...

14. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Last year,the bigger of the local stores had 2 tables of refreshments and pastries. I was shocked.Not at the smaller one from what they told me.
    The line at the bigger store started at ~8pm and the one at the smaller store ~ 3am. YMMV greatly.

15. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone make such a large purchase without holding it in your hand to make sure it's what you really want? I want to see what the 6 and 6+ looks like up close and personal.

16. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Wow, what area?

The retail stores in the Chicago suburbs seemed to start lining up around 5AM in the past.

17. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Fort Myers,Fla.

18. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Same here. With the new choice of a radically (for iPhone) larger form factor, trying out the devices is important to me for this release.

19. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'll be going to Apple. Our local store doesn't get too swamped and it's kind of fun. Plus it's in a mall so I don't have to be outside, and they won't let you line up until around 5:30 so I don't have to worry about waiting all night.

I might have preordered but payday is next week, and I wanted to trade my iPhone 5 in and get the immediate discount on the 6.

20. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Skipped. I want to hold both phones before deciding on the 6 or 6+. Besides, my 5 runs fine, and no jailbreak for the new phones in sight, possibly for a while. :cool: Sent from my iPad.

21. Mslittlebookowl macrumors member

There's no apple store in my town so definitely verizon store for me. This is my first time! Not sure what time to go, maybe 6 am? West Lafayette is pretty small but I'm still nervous!

22. westcoastin macrumors member

Me three. Who knows, I may not even want to upgrade from my 4s if I am not satisfied with the overall experience of the new sizes.

23. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

waiting in line is actually a lot of fun. I'll never forget waiting in line outside the ATT store on the very first iPhone launch for 12 hours. Had a load of fun. Next year waited for the iPhone 3G at the same store (only 2 hours this time)

I actually would've done so this year to guarantee a 6 Plus but I'm actually a manager at Best Buy and will be working all day launch weekend:mad: so I pre-ordered