Did anyone upgrade from a 13" to a 15"??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cookieronster, Sep 7, 2010.

1. cookieronster macrumors member

Hello all, so i used to have a 13" uMB and now i have a 15" mbp. They have basically the same keyboard but for some reason i find it somewhat hard to adjust to the 15", there is much more "reach" and the sharp edges are just going into the bottom of my wrist. Never experienced this on my 13". Are the edges just sharper or is this due to the longer distance from the front of the laptop?

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha hey i got my 15" macbook pro and i upgraded from a 13" 2007 macbook, haha i call this machine the emos dream, it will cut your wrists while your checking your emails =D hahaha it is slightly longer and yes the edge is definitely sharper but i don't find it to bad =D

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I think the edges on the 2nd revision and newer of the unibody models are actually sharper. I have a uMB, and my parents have the 13" MBP from the next gen, and it's noticeably sharper

4. cookieronster thread starter macrumors member

awesome! so i'm not going crazy..i also had the unibody macbook, "collector's edition" if you will. lol.

5. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I am still trying to find these sharp edges everyone talks about.

I have a 15" i7 and can rub my hands in any direction along any of the edges and I don't feel anything.

Maybe I just got lucky?

But anyways, I upgraded from a 13" plastic MB and the extra size is a little strange at first but now I could not go back after having all of this screen space.

6. bwrairen macrumors 6502

In the last year or so I have had the 2008 13" unibody macbook, a 2009 13" pro, a 2010 13" pro, and now a 2010 15" pro. I have to say that I think the sharp edges are just hit and miss. The 2008 unibody had sharp edges, 2009 not so much, 2010 13" very sharp, and the 2010 15" not bad at all. Maybe some of the CNCs they use have tighter tolerances than others. Who knows?