Did Aperture 3.1 upgrade corrupt you ability to make desktop picture?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mtbdudex, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mtbdudex, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Note:
    I post here instead off apple apps forum, because lots of people here use Aperture!

I upgraded to Aperture 3.1 from 3.0.x when it was available 1-2 weeks ago.

This morning I tried to change my desktop picture, when I opened up the box to do it the words Aperture are there but nothing to select/no folders.
    The ">Folders" below that just lets you navigate to individual picture on hard drive.

It works for screen saver, but not desktop picture.
    Definitely a bug, anyone else with this?
    I'm hoping for a software update soon (I checked and I'm all up to date)
    [​IMG]

This is how it should look:
    [​IMG]

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I just checked mine and it is like the second image you have. The only thing I noticed is that no matter whether I click on Projects or Photos I get all my photos. Maybe be you need to try to re-update aperture or delete it then reload it (after backing up all of your photos of course)?? Or a phone call to apple care?

3. mtbdudex, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Thx, tonight I'll do a complete re-build of the database to see if that fixes anything....at this time I don't want to re-load Aperture. Since I upgraded to 3.1 it's not even an option to go back to 3.0.x, the library has been updated (if my memory is correct)

Phone call to Apple care is 2nd choice, if re-build does not fix it, part of buying the software is that support - thx for reminding me.

4. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

No problem- good luck.

5. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

The A3 selection on my system shows all my photos in the Desktop Background thing. Is your A3 library referenced or was it directly imported into A3. Mine is a direct library. I may not have my terms right, but all my photos are in A3.

Run Disk Utility or Onyx first and repair your Permissions.

Dale

6. jcosmide macrumors member

I'm having the same issue, and still no fix after repairing permissions. Did you ever find a resolution?

7. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

No;
    I've re-built the database and still no showing up......I was kinda hoping the recent OS update would fix it but nope still not working correct.

My Aperture library is 340GB big with so many folders from legacy iPhoto usage/import and then my 1 year of DSLR photos not sure if I've reached some folder limit or what.....someday I'll re-organize those older picts and split my library into active library and older library, not exactly sure but now I'm overwhelmed at times, 34,000 pictures!