Did Aperture just watermark ALL my photos?!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Captain Awesome, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

I just picked up Aperture this morning and imported my iPhotos into it, now every photo seems to have some kind of "iPhoto Original" watermark on it. Is this permanent?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Don't worry... It's just a hint that the photo has been imported from iPhoto, but it's not on the actual jpeg (or whatever) data. If you look at the photo in fullscreen mode you'll see it's not there.

3. Captain Awesome thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Try to press 'u'. This works at least in the German version... It's in the View menu (the one next to 'Edit'), and then it's Metadata - Browser.
    Hope that helps.

5. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

No, Aperture did not watermark anything. You have just opted to show tags in the viewer (which you can change in the prefs). They are not on top of your images.
    Those are just tags that Aperture adds to the metadata. You can delete those tags (if you haven't added any others) by pressing Shift + H. This gives you the keyword browser. Search for iPhoto and select the two entries (iPhoto Original and iPhoto Modified or something along those lines). Press delete (the circular icon on the bottom of the dialog). It will ask you whether you're sure and if you are, proceed. Done.