Did Apple already charge you for your order?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mercuric Oxide, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Mercuric Oxide macrumors 6502

I want to buy the MP with 8800GT, but I won't have enough money until Friday.

However, I don't want to wait too long and be sent further down the queue for the card (Or maybe reading this site has me thinking that the whole world is ordering this thing?? :confused: )

So I want to place the order, but since it ships in 3-5 weeks, will they charge you when it ships? I wouldn't like being charged 3k 5-weeks in advance of them sending it...

So were you guys already charged?

Thanks

2. Mercuric Oxide thread starter macrumors 6502

Nevermind, I now see the option "pay with 2 credit cards" :D

3. Wotcher macrumors newbie

Plus, Apple, like most other reputable retailers, charge your credit card when the product you order ships.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes. that is the law i believe. they can't charge you until the item has been shipped.

5. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Really?

I purchased the 8800 upgrade kit today for my 1st gen MP and they charged me the $330 right away, even though a ship-by date of Feb. 29 and deliver-by date of March 6th are given.

It isn't illegal at all to do this since you're effectively pre-ordering a product.

But I still wasn't expecting it.

6. MrPDaddyHimself macrumors regular

MrPDaddyHimself

I cancelled and reordered my Mac Pro today with different options from yesterday. Ship dates were only one day difference and they haven't charged anything and won't until it ships.

7. jceeetle macrumors newbie

Apple requests credit card authorization when you order but doesn't actually charge the card until they ship.

When I ordered my Mac Pro last month, I got a fraud alert call from my credit card company about a large purchase within about 10 minutes of completing the order. But my card still hasn't been charged 3 weeks later because my Mac Pro hasn't shipped.