iPad mini Did Apple change the internal electronics from the iPad mini vs iPad mini Retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Apple!Fre@k, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

I took apart an iPhone 5C dock and was using that to get a line out connection from my iPad mini. It was working beautifully. But then I just upgraded to the iPad mini Retina and it no longer works. It's like the universe is against me. The iPad mini Retina will still charge, but no audio will play through the line out. When the iPhone 5C dock circuit board is plugged into my iPad mini Retina the iPad stops playing music on its internal speakers as though it recognizes the line out connection, but no audio is being piped through to my external speakers that I have the line out connected to. If I unplug the iPad mini Retina and plug in my iPhone 5, it charges and plays music fine. So I can't figure out what's going on and why my iPhone 5 AND iPad mini (without retina) works fine, but the iPad mini with Retina display will not play the audio.

Any ideas??? I'm totally screwed because I don't know of any other way to get line out audio from my iPad mini Retina.

2. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

More likely their copyright infringement technology got smarter.

4. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

[​IMG]

Way cheaper than a dock and will work with ANY iPhone/iPod/iPad. Guaranteed.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Problem is that's not going to be line-out, just headphone out. Sounds like the OP wants non-attenutaed audio output which currently doesn't seem possible with his old setup.

OP, have you looked into some 3rd party docks?

6. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i always found little baby speaker docks pointless. sell it buy an Apple TV and run your music through airplay to your big stereo speakers....