iPhone Did Apple finally fix the bug when you answer a call?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bladery, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Bladery macrumors 6502

Hey,

previously with iOS 8.2 or in general since iOS 7 (when they introduced these animations) when you answered a call by pressing the green button, there was this animation.
    During this animation the caller couldnt hear you, it's like the microphone wasn't activated till this animation was done...
    So you had to wait a bit till the caller could hear you.
    Sometimes you said "Hey" and after a few seconds the caller asked if he has me on the line because he couldn't hear your "Hey".

I remember that there was a thread in this forum regarding iOS 7.

I hope you understand what I mean!

Thank you!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

People have had some small initial delays with calls for some time now even before iOS 8 or 7. It might be something potentially with carriers involved or potentially something else, but based on various threads in the past about this kind of thing some people have it and others don't (or at least not often enough or just don't really notice it).

3. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually it isn't a problem of carriers. It is a problem of the animation in iOS 8...

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've certainly experienced it in iOS 7 and iOS 6 and even prior versions with a few different iPhones (and even other phones in the past). Perhaps there might be more than a single issue and/or perhaps there might be more to it.

As you can see this kind of thing has been brought up by some from some time ago (before iOS 8 or even 7):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1265909

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1471004

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Had this since my iPhone 4. Now I just answer the call, pause a couple of seconds and then start speaking. It's shoddy though.