Did Apple fix the home button for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noble Actual, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I had an iPhone 4 and after using it for several years, the home button would only work some time so I had to enable assistive touch and have gotten somewhat used to it now.

I remember somewhere that Apple made improvements to the home button design in the iPhone 5/5s compared to the iPhone 4 so using the home button a lot won't make it unusable.

Anyone confirm? thanks

I'ved skipped several generations of iPhone so I'm not to sure.

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

It is hugely dramatically better then past home buttons, the 5S made the home button much better and feel better more solid then past iPhones and the new iPhone 6's take that even further.

A gigantic leap espcially if you are coming from the 4, so much more sturdier and solid and clicky and stays like that alongside with a virtually unscratchable home button(home buttons in the past would always get scratched and that bothered me, never a issue on the 5S/6)

3. juanrp, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

The only thing I'm worried about is if Apple fixed their lighting cables, because I'm honestly tired of having my cables wear turtlenecks.

But the home button is good now.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

it does feel different than previous home buttons, but I'm angry that apple made it so that you can double tap it for reachability but didn't make it to touch it to go home like virtual home. I can't wait to jailbreak specifically for that feature.

5. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

well like you said after a few years yours stopped working, ill let you know in a few years how mine does

6. newone757 macrumors 6502

Time will tell. Had two button fails on my 4. Power button fail on my 5. My wife's 5's home button started SPINNING around and then became detached inside the phone (could tip it one way or another).

After having two home button fails I've always been paranoid how much I actually use my home button. Honestly shouldn't be like that

7. Bahroo macrumors 68000

You dont need to be, the 5S and 6 home button structures and new home button design under the surface of the phone is dramatically better then all previous iPhones before them and will stand the test of time just fine.

Huge difference between a plastic home button on all previous iPhones and now a stainless steel ring and sapphire glass as the home button on the 5S/6

8. Noble Actual thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the info.

I knew I read somewhere that they made it better. That's good. I'll probably still use the assistive touch sometimes just cause I got used to it.

9. themyst macrumors 6502

Yeah, the old home button kinda sucked. Both my 4 and 4S home buttons started flaking out after a while.

The power button also had issues on both. They stopped "clicking".