Did apple fix these key issues? I'm guessing nay.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by takemoney, Oct 15, 2008.

1. takemoney macrumors newbie

I have not bought the new mbp and will not buy it until I know if the following fixes have been completed. These issues are important to any serious power user and apple has denied them for quite some time.

1) The heat of the machines. People must revert to aftermarket software such as smcFanControl just to keep their machines at a hot temperature... not at the normal sizzle. Even with smc the MBP can cook an egg.

2) Fan NOISE...the cheap fans in the old MBP are prone to loud strange noises. Many units were sent back to apple because of faulty fans...still not even a patch has come out.

3) Placement of the ambient sensor. The ambient light sensor (dims and brightens your display as the room light changes) is placed in the speaker cover right next to the keyboard. This little sensor is located on the left side of your fingers and creates a flicker effect when your fingers go over it. Really annoying...I would like to use the ambient light feature but the placement is all wrong.

Let me know if apple fixed these issues!

2. JWest macrumors 6502

You can't "Cook an egg" on the early 2008 MBP's. I play games on windows (with no special fan control) and although it gets pretty hot, it's not too hot to touch or anything. I do hope the new ones run cooler though.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

my 2¢

Honestly... if you have a 2.5 MBP, i'd keep it!! Those new machines are completely powered by nVidia, minus the CPU, lacking in a few basic features, though Apple call them an improvement such as standard DVI port, FW400 (if you need it) and they cost more! Beside the finish and the move to DDR3, they're not much different, still using a Penryn class CPU!

4. takemoney thread starter macrumors newbie

2.5 mbp

I like the early 2008 penryn. The "cook an egg" is a figure of speech. I didn't mean it literally. They just get really hot. I will keep the current mbp for now.

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Heat isn't really a problem as long as the system is stable...
    I use my MBP on my lap all the time, it isn't that hot!
    :rolleyes: