Did Apple goof on making the Iphone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rockies, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rockies macrumors 6502

I think Apple should have spent more time getting the bezels shrunk down on the Iphone 6 Plus. I was playing with the new LG 5.5" today and found the phone to be a really nice manageable size. It had small bezels, not too tall, and was thin. Almost felt like the Galaxy S5 in the hand, though the S5 is 5.1". The Plus seems to be the tallest 5.5" phone on the market. Just wish they would have spent more time getting the phone down in size, worried that it might be a little too tall. That is why I did not preorder, want to feel both sizes (6 & 6 Plus) before making my decision.

2. mantan macrumors 68000

Nah, that'll be something to save for the iPhone 7 Plus...

3. Rockies thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably, Apple is good at eating your wallet.

4. chembox macrumors 6502a

Apple conducts a huge amount of their time researching and surveying optimal sizes that users want. They didn't just spend millions on RD/etc creating a 5.5" screen "hoping" people would buy it.

tl;dr Obviously not, people are buying it.

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

If there is one thing I think that Apple should have changed about the 5.5 it is the bezels, yes. It's one of the reasons why I didn't even consider it - I don't like 5.5 phones already, let alone with an extra inch added to them of just bezels! It's one of the first things that people notice - how *big* the 5.5 phone is, especially in comparison to other 5.5 phones.

I am anxious to see how they are going to solve the problem going forward, though. Their love of symmetry in their devices is why they produced it the way it currently is. Unless they just reduce the top bezel going forward, what will come about will arguably be the biggest change in form factor since the iPhone was first launched - meshing the home button/Touch ID into the screen itself. I hope that when that day comes, it is implemented correctly.

6. Rockies thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple is starting to finally respond to what consumers want releasing two larger phone sizes. You can be assured that Apple will listen to consumer feedback on the 5.5" phone for the next 6 months. If sales dwindle on the 5.5" and consumer complaints increase about size, you can be assured they will have to make changes. There is just too much competition out there right now and Apple shareholders are finally realizing that.

7. myforwik macrumors member

Apne knows there is a huge pent up demand for a large screen iphone. so the iphone 6 has no innovation in its physical design. Large bezels, same buttons, etc.

They will save any innovation for iphone 7.

8. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Just wait for the iPhone 6s Plus. WOW, what a mouthful! ;)