Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Originally posted by zimv20
sheesh. if you don't like it, go get a pc and linux or something. you cry more than my baby nephew.

You ****head. If I hear another person justify a really poor show with a worse show I really will have to give up on humanity. oh wait, I already did that, well if I don't like it I can always cut my own tounge out with a pair of nail scissors just in case I upset some insane apologist who thinks I'm disgusting for expecting a few things in life to live up to a few fricking expectations. Am I wrong to think that for top dollar I deserve top service and spec. If I doubled my price would Apple deliver top service and spec. How much is it? name a price. Maybe Apple are dealing with morons. Maybe Apple employs morons. Maybe I'm a moron for waiting for a topper piece of Apple kit that really is cutting edge. Maybe I'm a moron, Apple knows this and uses this fact to maxamise their profits. Why the hell not.

samsflagdrummer

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2003
All I want them to do is to get that damn 970 OUT THE DOOR! That, and, well, give me a free 17 inch powerbook, and a Dual 1.42 Ghz PowerMac with a huge HD screen, then let me trade that in for a 970 when it comes out...

samsflagdrummer

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2003
btw, I completely agree with u kettle, apple users deserve a ****load more from apple than some loser who buys a dell does. We pay more so we should clearly get more.

nanosound

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2002
The good news is we are one day closer to getting them.

There's that song...Les Mis I think...."One day more...another day another destiny".

bentmywookie

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2002
Palo Alto
I don't get why Apple announced the 17" at mwsf. Sure it got everyone hyped up, but now its get a lot of people pissed off. The ship date right after mwsf was 6-8 weeks, that's a max of two months which I thought was a joke then, but soon these things will be going on three months with no appearance.

You can't say that it's the manufacturers' fault totally - Apple knew it would take a while, hence the 6-8 week initial ship date. Like someone said, to not get it out this quarter - ridiculous! I hope Apple offers something to all the people that have waited so long (maybe a free copy of Keynote or FCE or something, who knows).

LosJackal

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2003
Chicago, IL
Apple announced the 17" at MWSF because it was A Big Deal. Like the original TiBook two years before.

6-8 weeks still gives Apple one more week to meet your deadline. I personally ordered that morning and I had an email saying 7-10 weeks, which means they have until mid-March in my book.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
holy crap

let me tell you guys a story that'll make yer balls shrink to the size of raisins.

im sitting here and all of a sudden i get an email from apple saying they shipped a product. i nearly wet my paants only to find out its the case. :( but its oh kay. atleast now i can PRETEND i have my first apple. i couldnt really do that with a drawer full of software.

heres to playing with my imagination again

flashback to puberty

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
What's bad about Apple's announcement

Originally posted by FelixDerKater
They probably gave the most optimistic date for being able to ship the notebooks. Like usual, their estimates are far from the truth. It really isn't Apple's fault that a company in Taiwan is having problems with the production.

Read the article again. What's outrageous is that Apple knew, in January, that realistically it could not produce the notebooks until March, yet is was telling some people--customers and investors--that they would ship in February.

It's one thing for a company to hit production problems that delay a release. It happens with apple a lot, and is frustrating.

But this is far worse, since they knew that regardless of production problems, they could not ship until March (as they told dealers), yet told everyone else that the shipments would begin in February.

FlamDrag

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2003
Western Hemisphere
They need to do SOMETHING to compensate for these unreal delays.

Here's my beef: I got an e-mail and an order status page that said it would ship on or before 20 Feb.

Fine, I'll wait. So then when it changes to whenever it says now I call Apple to complain. I KNOW they're not going to get it done any faster, and the dude I'm talking to can't do anything. But for $3 G's, I get to complain.

But the guy keeps stressing that the April Date is the "absolute latest" that it would ship. An "outside date" and it should ship before then.

I say "Well, I was told that 20 Feb was the absolute latest before, so why should I believe you now?" As expected, no answer to that question.

As much as I'd love to cancel my order to 'punish' Apple, I can't. I must have a new computer and it must be a Mac. So I get to sit here and take whatever abuse Apple dishes b/c I have no alternatives. Hell, my computer will be obsolete before it arrives at my door!

However, if hell freezes over and they release a 15" before my 17" ships, I'll probably get a 15 instead. The thought being that maybe their margins on the 15 are less.

I dunno - I'm just unhappy about being completely misled and lied to.

nanosound

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2002
"I dunno - I'm just unhappy about being completely misled and lied to."

Yeah, and the ones that have to put up with it are the Mac faithful, the ones that won;t cancel their order. You know switchers won't put up with this crap.

It's a cycle...abuse for the long wait....pleasure once we get the product
Isn't there a word for this?

Maybe we could all voice our opinions to steve@apple.com

Wren

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by FlamDrag
They need to do SOMETHING to compensate for these unreal delays.

Here's my beef: I got an e-mail and an order status page that said it would ship on or before 20 Feb.

Fine, I'll wait. So then when it changes to whenever it says now I call Apple to complain. I KNOW they're not going to get it done any faster, and the dude I'm talking to can't do anything. But for $3 G's, I get to complain.

But the guy keeps stressing that the April Date is the "absolute latest" that it would ship. An "outside date" and it should ship before then.

I say "Well, I was told that 20 Feb was the absolute latest before, so why should I believe you now?" As expected, no answer to that question.

As much as I'd love to cancel my order to 'punish' Apple, I can't. I must have a new computer and it must be a Mac. So I get to sit here and take whatever abuse Apple dishes b/c I have no alternatives. Hell, my computer will be obsolete before it arrives at my door!

However, if hell freezes over and they release a 15" before my 17" ships, I'll probably get a 15 instead. The thought being that maybe their margins on the 15 are less.

I dunno - I'm just unhappy about being completely misled and lied to.

:eek:
Have you seen the actual 17PB? I saw it at the Apple Store window here at the Grove and let me tell you .... it is absolutely worth the wait. The screen is stunning and the overall design is an A+. Talking bout one elegant looking laptop! You'd be sorry for getting the refurbished TBook. I'm with you, it's frustrating: My order status is on or before 26 March,but when I saw it.. i said it is definitely worth the wait!!! "Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweeeet".

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
Magic Future Binoculars, Time Machine, Genie Lamp, Pixie Dust, Universal Connecting device with European adapter.... powerbook 17"

that about sums it up.

dcharris

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2002
Canada
This is at least entertaining - to imagine all you bruised apple heads sitting and typing in front of some of the best hardware and software available - and only seeing what it's not!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
wow, they say the mac community is loyal. its people like think secret which hurts the mac community. wow the hate towards thinksecret now is unbelieveable.

iJon

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Originally posted by LosJackal
Apple announced the 17" at MWSF because it was A Big Deal. Like the original TiBook two years before.

Yes, it was a big deal. But maybe they should have waited to announce it, so that they could handle the demands better.

Chuck

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
Loyalty

It's a very interesting thing to say iJon. Ideally loyalty would be reciprocal. I don't think you can blame Thinksecret for breaking a story which reveals Apple's disloyalty to it's customers (if it's true that is). If Apple aren't being loyal why do you blame Thinksecret? That's just shooting the messanger.

I for one, will never buy a PC and will always be loyal to Apple at least in terms of my custom, but I also think it's a serious issue that Steve et al would knowingly say something to the whole world when they know that it isn't true.

Interesting issue, loyalty. I'd like to hear what other people think.

Anyone?

Chuck.
http://www.madebydesign.net

rundevilrun

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2002
Originally posted by MacFan25
Yes, it was a big deal. But maybe they should have waited to announce it, so that they could handle the demands better.

Yes they could have. But then we would of had 2 months of whining that MWSF was a big disappointment blah blah blah.... I can understand why Apple would want to get away from those shows as a means of product announcements.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: Loyalty

Originally posted by Chuck
It's a very interesting thing to say iJon. Ideally loyalty would be reciprocal. I don't think you can blame Thinksecret for breaking a story which reveals Apple's disloyalty to it's customers (if it's true that is). If Apple aren't being loyal why do you blame Thinksecret? That's just shooting the messanger.

I for one, will never buy a PC and will always be loyal to Apple at least in terms of my custom, but I also think it's a serious issue that Steve et al would knowingly say something to the whole world when they know that it isn't true.

Interesting issue, loyalty. I'd like to hear what other people think.

Anyone?

Chuck.
http://www.madebydesign.net
I'm equally as mad at the reseller who would say something like this. I kind of look at like this. Reseller stole the gun, they gave the gun to thinksecret. Thinksecret pulled the trigger. They are both irresponsible. but makes more sense for thinksecret to say it since they are a rumors site. I still think it was very disrespectful for thinksecret to do it. I really feel this rumor could have been spread without mentioning a reseller. very few people on this forum can relate to me feelings so dont try (you know who you are).

iJon

Maclicious

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2002
Seattle
Originally posted by macphoria
While back, didn't Apple automatically upgrade PowerMac orders when they couldn't deliver on time? Maybe Apple will treat you guys who ordered 17inch PowerBook with 1.25Ghz G4 instead of 1Ghz.

I'd be all over that like feathers on a duck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.